• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

List your top 5 favorite courses

So, after another year...not much change...could be more after I hit Harmony Bends on my trip to World's or Sabattus on my trip to Green Mountain ..but did hit the Baltimore area Memorial Day...

1. Deer Lakes, PA
2. Iron Hill, DE
3. 501, MA
4. Moraine, PA
5. Maple Hill, MA

i don't think mine has changed since playing Harmony Bends a year and a half ago
1. Harmony Bends
2. Rollin Ridge
3. Ozark Mtn
4. Bailey
5. Selah Creekside

since Ozark Mtn is now extinct

1. Harmony Bends
2. Rollin Ridge
3. Flip
4. Bailey
5. Selah Lakeside

honorable mentions to Dela, Phantom Falls, and the best course in DFW: the Jaranator!

I Can't Believe That I Haven't Replied Before!!!

So out of 106 in 20 states this was surprisingly easy. Not that there aren't some other wonderful courses that I've played. These just stand out.

#5) Knobley Mountain DGC, WV. It's impossible for me not to include Knobley Mt. on my list since all I have to do is basically walk out the door and I'm on the course. Homeboy bias.??? You bet... all day long. :)

#4) Covenant Village DGC, PA. This is a very fun course, with a lot more potential. This course has the coolest bomber hole I've ever thrown. Sure it's rough around the edges, but there enough memorable holes to make this a standout for me.

#3) Salmon Falls, NH. A wonderful gem that flies under the radar. Great mix of holes within 5 minutes of my brother in law's pawn shop. What's not to like?

#2) Idlewild, KY. Until I played my #1, Idlewild was in that position for years. I don't really have to say anything about the course. You all know why it's here.

Drum roll, please....

#1). Moraine State Park. My daughter and I saw the four top ranked players in the world at the time play the course at Workds in 2015. That made it special before I ever played it. After playing it, it's a no-brainer for my #1.

1) Maple Hill
2) Camden 2
3) Holler in the Hills
4) Flip City
5) Rollin Ridge

Wait, no extinct courses? Guess I get a mulligan.

1) Maple Hill
2) Camden 2
3) Flip City
4) Rollin Ridge
5) The Canyons

I have to update my favorite courses on here. Now that I have three kids and my travel is way more restricted, gotta make my favorites the courses I can actually play once in a while. Also, former home courses / courses with a high sentimental value get a higher weighting factor. So... Current 5 favorites from a (former bagging AM1 / crappy MPO) Dad with a super busy life but a deep appreciation for any time spent playing disc.
1. Independence Lake, Whitmore Lake, MI
2. Lakewood Park, Tecumseh, ON
3. Kensington South, Milford, MI
4. Hudson Mills Original, Dexter, MI
5. Rolling Hills, Ypsilanti, MI

I played Rolling Hills when I went up to MI last month with a buddy. I am from the area, but didn't start playing disc golf until I lived in Charlotte. That course did not disappoint. Beautiful course that demands a variety of shots to score well.

I'll be sure to check out Independence Lake next time!

Update

So, I played Harmony Bends on my trip to Peoria for Worlds.

New List:

1. Iron Hill, DE
2. Harmony Bends, MO
3. Deer Lakes, PA
4. 501, MA
5. Brewster Ridge, VT

Maine

I'll be headed to Maine next week for the first time. Have three full days to disc golf from Freeport, ME.

Planning on hitting Sabattus, Pineland Farms, and Bittersweet Ridge.

Not sure if any of these will alter my top 5 list, we'll see.

1: Maple Hill
2: Smugglers—Brewster's ridge
3: 501
4: Bucksnort
5: too tough to choose a 5th. Highbridge? Pineland patriot? North Boundary? Nevin? Milo? Four mounds — Cape fear? Bohart? Monroe township?

Lots of great courses out there. But those first four really stand out in my mind.

I'll be headed to Maine next week for the first time. Have three full days to disc golf from Freeport, ME.

Planning on hitting Sabattus, Pineland Farms, and Bittersweet Ridge.

Not sure if any of these will alter my top 5 list, we'll see.

All great plays. Make sure to eat at the market at Pineland Farms. GREAT food

Cripps Creek is a really cool course also. Shorter holes but lots of elevation change and neat rock features.

Last edited:
Maple Hill
Brewster's Ridge
NoBo
Bucksnort
The Patriot
Milo McIver
Bohart Upper
Moraine
Blueberry

Something like that…

I have to update my favorite courses on here. Now that I have three kids and my travel is way more restricted, gotta make my favorites the courses I can actually play once in a while. Also, former home courses / courses with a high sentimental value get a higher weighting factor. So... Current 5 favorites from a (former bagging AM1 / crappy MPO) Dad with a super busy life but a deep appreciation for any time spent playing disc.
1. Independence Lake, Whitmore Lake, MI
2. Lakewood Park, Tecumseh, ON
3. Kensington South, Milford, MI
4. Hudson Mills Original, Dexter, MI
5. Rolling Hills, Ypsilanti, MI

But one day... your kids will be grown, and you'll be able to take DG road trips with them, or play courses in their locale when you visit them.
I played Rolling Hills when I went up to MI last month with a buddy. I am from the area, but didn't start playing disc golf until I lived in Charlotte. That course did not disappoint. Beautiful course that demands a variety of shots to score well.

I'll be sure to check out Independence Lake next time!

Indy Lake has a total of 36 holes and some great golf... just watch out for Poison Ivy.
Definitely more ivy there than any other park in the area. At this point, I only wear long plants there, regardless of the weather.

So, I played Harmony Bends on my trip to Peoria for Worlds.

New List:

1. Iron Hill, DE
2. Harmony Bends, MO
3. Deer Lakes, PA
4. 501, MA
5. Brewster Ridge, VT

Nice! What was your favorite hole/holes at Harmony and what tees did you play from? I live there and play it frequently, I love to hear outsiders perspective

Nice! What was your favorite hole/holes at Harmony and what tees did you play from? I live there and play it frequently, I love to hear outsiders perspective

A) You lucky bastard!

B) This outsider's perspecitive:
Rounds Played: 2 (1 red, 1 white)
Fave Holes: 1, 5, 9, 10, 13, 15, 18.

HB's first nine holes might be the best front or back nine I've ever played... and that's with several of the best holes on the course being on the back nine. Some of the holes on the back nine aren't bad (#'s 12, 14, 16) ...but they simply aren't as interesting or inviting as the rest of the course.

Harmony

I loved Harmony, what a fantastic design!

I was also the first out on the course the morning that I played, so got to take my time and savor the experience:

Favorite Holes: 1, 5, 7, 9, 10, 13, 15, 17, 18

Amazing to have 9 true highlight holes on one course.

It doesn't look like much from the little parking lot but the minute you cross the little creek in front of the first tee, you spend the next several hours in disc golf paradise.

Iron Hill is the only course that I ranked above Harmony because I have a thing for majestic woods golf with massive trees.