• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

List your top 5 favorite courses

Haven't played much outside of Minnesota... Here are my top5, in no particular order...
BRP--East Bethel
CP Adams--Hastings
Kaposia--S.St.Paul
Oak Island--Albert Lea
Hidden Lake--Saint Augusta

I think I have already posted in this thread some time ago. However, this is my updated list:

1. Blue Angel Park (actually three courses at same site), Pensacola, FL
2. North East Coachman, Clearwater, FL
3. Brahan Spring Park, Huntsville, AL
4. Keriakes Park Bowling Green, KY
5. Oggwood DGC, Cedar Hill, TN

:thmbup:
I just got back from 3 days playing in Clearwater and had the opportunity to play North East Coachman three times, along with Cliff Stephens and Taylor Park. :clap:

I have not got to play Oggwood or Brahan for a couple years or more. :mad:

I've played 79 courses, mostly in Illinois and Missouri. Here's my current top 5:

1. Water Works Park - Kansas City, Missouri
2. Highland Park - Joliet, Illinois
3. Pickard Park - Indianola, Iowa
4. Northwood Park - Morton, Illinois
5. Quail Ridge - Wentzville, Missouri

I'm interested in seeing how this list changes for me. My goal is to get to at least 100 courses this year, and the plan is to have Flip City, Rollin Ridge, and Harmony Bends be among those.

I've played 79 courses, mostly in Illinois and Missouri. Here's my current top 5:

1. Water Works Park - Kansas City, Missouri
2. Highland Park - Joliet, Illinois
3. Pickard Park - Indianola, Iowa
4. Northwood Park - Morton, Illinois
5. Quail Ridge - Wentzville, Missouri

I'm interested in seeing how this list changes for me. My goal is to get to at least 100 courses this year, and the plan is to have Flip City, Rollin Ridge, and Harmony Bends be among those.

I predict major changes to your top 5. :)

Well, this will be 1/4 of the total courses I've played:

1. Munden Point, Virginia Beach, Va
2. Casey Logan, Kill Devil Hills, Nc
3. Waller Mill, Williamsburg, Va
4. New Quarter, Williamsburg, Va
5. Ace Run Ranch, Sulfolk, Va when its mowed.

This year I plan on playing Lake Marshall. Hopefully Hawks Hollow and Blockhouse. Richmond courses are within my 2 hour radius this year. See what happens to this list at the end of the year.

Well, this will be 1/4 of the total courses I've played:

1. Munden Point, Virginia Beach, Va
2. Casey Logan, Kill Devil Hills, Nc
3. Waller Mill, Williamsburg, Va
4. New Quarter, Williamsburg, Va
5. Ace Run Ranch, Sulfolk, Va when its mowed.

This year I plan on playing Lake Marshall. Hopefully Hawks Hollow and Blockhouse. Richmond courses are within my 2 hour radius this year. See what happens to this list at the end of the year.

Lake Marshall is spectacular. Hawk Hollow will hopefully be playable for a couple months this spring and a couple months in late summer/early fall. Blockhouse is not likely to be open this year unless Covid pretty much just goes away (so not likely at all). Don't sleep on Raptor's Roost. No Richmond courses will make your list.

Not sure I've ever done this list so here goes:

5. Quarry Park - https://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=2398 - home of British Disc Golf but I've been playing it too long and have a got a bit bored of it to be my top course. 5 Acres have just been bought to add some really fun holes so this may change very soon.

4. Bedworth Miners Welfare - https://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=7063 - lovely parkland course with a good mix of holes and always well tended, always look forward to getting over there to play.

3. Whitcombe Farm - https://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=2402 - Glorious, wild trekking adventure. Be fit. Incredible place if a bit rough in places

2. Cotswold View - https://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=9936 - This is my happy place, would play it daily for ever and get fat eating in the restaurant on site.

1. Felin Geri - https://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=10810 - I gave it a 4 star review as a 12 hole course. It's extending to 24 with 12 holes through steep woodland to compliment the 12 hole parkland/river course. It's magical, great place to stay, great place to eat, great place to play, just wish it was closer. I suspect it will be my first 5 star review once the new holes are bedded in.

2. Cotswold View - https://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=9936 - This is my happy place, would play it daily for ever and get fat eating in the restaurant on site.

From Dec 2018, right after those red leaves dropped. Loved it! How are those teepads doing these days?

Attachments

• cotswold.jpg
    cotswold.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 22
1. The Canyons IL, well kept, pro shop onsite and every shot in the bag

2. Nevin Park NC, my first taste of NC golf, would have loved to play hornets nest but was in town same week as Disc golf pro tour finals.

3. Langley Pond SC, a short drive from IDGC, so many risky shots and just a beautiful course

4. Mayflower Hills VA this course is a beast, not usually my flavor but the backdrop and scenery make this one of my favorites

5. Seven Oaks TN such a great golf course, fair but mean.

From Dec 2018, right after those red leaves dropped. Loved it! How are those teepads doing these days?

Improved since you were there but still not done though :D I temporary laid a few astro tees for a tournament at the back end of 2019 and then just left them in so the worst holes now have a pretty decent surface and some of the others got a really good woodchipping before the comp so for the most part it plays pretty well underfoot, all roots etc are gone and some of the spikier stuff near baskets is out since you played.

Worst is hole one as a tractor went over it when wet and laid a huge furrow right in the middle.

I don't even know how I'd quantify a top 5/10 list anymore.

1. Maple Hill
2. Bucksnort

And a bunch of others after that.

I'm writing a review for Deer Lakes, and it reminds me how great disc golf courses are these days. I can respect this inability to rank courses at the top, and it's a good sign to have so many top tier courses nowadays. In the end, a lot of my warm fuzzies for some courses relate to the particular circumstances of my round there: weather, course conditions, and the memories from the round. But I'll be the first to admit that some courses I liked best may not be intrinsically better than some of the top courses that I didn't enjoy as much.

It's good time to play disc golf. And I'll be moving to Michigan in the summer, so here's to some high quality bagging in the next year!!!

Of all the courses that I've played, these are the ones I'd play most often if they were close:
In no particular order:
1. Castle Hayne (eats my lunch, and makes fun of me)
2. Richlands-Steed (so much fun, matches my game so well)
3. Mint Hill (always a good measure of my progress)
4. Winthrop Gold (watching it is SO different from playing it)
5. Kilborn (an easier, more fun woods course)

1. Whipping Post (when I feel good)
2. Woodshed (when I feel a little less good)
3. The Green Monster thing in Green Lane PA ... . . .. . .fascinating course. Hope disc-golfers can survive in a fancy/schmancy locale like that because it's a hoot to play.
4. . .. .That's it, they're the only places I play .. .

On a side note -- 10 years ago when I started posting blather here I would almost always know one-two of the courses that got reviewed that day . . . .. now, very infrequently does that happen and yes -- I come here much more infrequently but still . . . . . Wondering if I'm alone in that . .. odd question. Just curious. . . .?

1. Kaposia in St Paul (my home course)
2. BRP in Bethel.
3. Wakanda Park in Menominie....so...freaking...long....
4. Brekke Park in Oak Park Heights. Such a small nine hole, it couldn't be that bad....or...whoa...
Hopefully will be adding more this year....

I recently returned from almost a month long friends/family/baseball/disc golf trip that included traveling to see five ballparks (CIN, MIL, MIN, STL, PIT) and 22 disc golf courses across nine states (OH, IN, MI, WI, MN, IA, MO, IL, PA). While it was not quite what was supposed to happen in 2020, it was pretty close and really epic! What a trip! My top 5 looks quite different now.

Updated List:
1. Harmony Bends (Columbia, MO)
2. Rollin Ridge (Reedsville, WI)
3. Blue Gill (Wayland, MI)
4. Blue Ribbon Pines (East Bethel, MN)
5. Deer Lakes (Tarentum, PA)

Oh so close...
Bryant Lake (Eden Prairie, MN)
Moraine State Park (Portersville, PA)
Stoney Hill (Newberry, SC)

Updated after playing the amazing Stoney Hill course in Newberry, SC! Wow!! :thmbup::clap:Two courses that have a similar feel but are definitely unique courses in their own rights. Privately owned course, you need to call ahead to play, but I will definitely be going back again since it is only a shade over 2 hours of driving to get there to play.

My big trips were crushed this year by COVID :thmbdown:, but I am hopeful for 2021. If so, I will end up playing Harmony Bends (3), Rollin Ridge (6), Idlewild (7), Bucksnort (8), Harmon Hills (9), Blue Ribbon Pines (12), Maple Hill (13), Highbridge Hills (14), Vision Quest (15), Muddy Run (16), Sabattus (17), Wildcat Bluff (19), and Smuggler's Notch (25).

Now, the updated top 5!

Blue Gill (Wayland, MI)
Nevin (Charlotte, NC)
Langley Pond (Warrenville, SC)
Flip City (Shelby, MI

I recently returned from almost a month long friends/family/baseball/disc golf trip that included traveling to see five ballparks (CIN, MIL, MIN, STL, PIT) and 22 disc golf courses across nine states (OH, IN, MI, WI, MN, IA, MO, IL, PA). While it was not quite what was supposed to happen in 2020, it was pretty close and really epic! What a trip! My top 5 looks quite different now.

Updated List:
1. Harmony Bends (Columbia, MO)
2. Rollin Ridge (Reedsville, WI)
3. Blue Gill (Wayland, MI)
4. Blue Ribbon Pines (East Bethel, MN)
5. Deer Lakes (Tarentum, PA)

Oh so close...
Bryant Lake (Eden Prairie, MN)
Moraine State Park (Portersville, PA)

Are you saying that you like Bryant Lake better than Flip City? I haven't played Flip yet but I hope that I like it better than Bryant.

1. Maple Hill--just beautiful, and 4 different levels of challenge for everyone
2. Idlewild--great shot variety, very tough...but very fair.
3. Toboggan--epic hills
4. Beast--wonderful lake views, great mix of hole types, distances, and use of elevation, serene almost
5. Burchfield Park-another very serene setting, so peaceful, and great DG too.

Honorable mentions: Caesar Ford, Valley Park (WV)-favorite shorter course, Calvert Road (MD)--first ever course.

Have already and/or plan to play all in my top 5 this year, and hope to check out Northwoods and Harmony Bends this fall as well, maybe Eagles Crossing as well. I hope I have a few new entries on my list by next year. :) Sounds like I REALLY need to make a VA trip soon as well.

Why my list isn't a bunch of par 54 5000 footers I don't know, that's much more to my skill level!