• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Lizotte's bass drop

"An error occrurred. Please try again later."

*Tries again, nothing*

If he focused more on competitive play instead of these trick shots, he could have possibly placed higher than tying for 7th at Worlds...

Then again, this is coming from someone who isn't the greatest discer around....props for some of the insane shots he does.

Again, my comment isn't a straight up Jab at Simon...I just think it'd be more entertaining to see someone with the skill set like Simon has to come out and give McBeth a continual run for his money. The kid does stuff that I couldn't dream of doing with a disc, but I think he puts too much focus on it sometimes.

If he focused more on competitive play instead of these trick shots, he could have possibly placed higher than tying for 7th at Worlds...
I've been saying this for awhile. Mainly because I really was expecting him to be competing with McBeth. This have fun trick shot thing is getting old. He's really having a horrible year for the talent it seems he has. Now some McBeth trick shots would be sweet, but I doubt it will ever be his priority.

Eh, I like seeing all the crazy things he can do with a disc. It really would be nice to see what he could do if he really set his mind to preparing for a tournament and playing smart golf, but if his priority is taking crazy lines and pushing the envelope, then hey, it's his life, at least until Discmania wants to see him start placing higher.

I've been saying this for awhile. Mainly because I really was expecting him to be competing with McBeth. This have fun trick shot thing is getting old. He's really having a horrible year for the talent it seems he has. Now some McBeth trick shots would be sweet, but I doubt it will ever be his priority.

It's easy to forget that Simon is young. He values creativity more than low scores at this point of his career. I think he will eventually devote himself to consistency and smart golf. For now he's enjoying his celebrity, such as it is, being young, and touring around the world.

I for one am glad to see it. But I agree it would be a shame if he never realizes his tremendous potential.

maybe y'all can't relate, but a lot of disc golf enthusiasts would enjoy little nuggets of awesome like this MORE than anything that happens on the pro tour. I love his trick shot videos, and I haven't seen more than a couple holes from the last 3-4 Worlds.

Remember, "He who has the most fun, wins!"

...doesn't always mean the money.

I like the stuff he's put out this year. There's room in DG for competition and fun. He's got the talent to do both.

Great point. This is the closest we'll ever get to a McBeth trick shot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muyoqwD8uIQ
Haha ya I love this video! Plus it's more impressive than Simon's and he's getting putting practice in!

There is also a video somewhere of a casual round when mcbeth busts out a crazy under the leg putt and pures it like it was nothing.

When I see the bass drop I just wonder how many attempts it took to make it. There's average athletes out there that spend all day doing trick shots and make it look good for video.

maybe y'all can't relate, but a lot of disc golf enthusiasts would enjoy little nuggets of awesome like this MORE than anything that happens on the pro tour. I love his trick shot videos, and I haven't seen more than a couple holes from the last 3-4 Worlds.

Why not enjoy both. :)

I think it's great to see guys like him that compete at such a high level just having fun with it.

Exactly.

After reading threads about people complaining about pros complaining about complaining (with a little whining thrown in for good measure) it's cool just to see some dude having fun and doing cool shizzz with, like, frisbees n stuff. :)

Eh, I like seeing all the crazy things he can do with a disc. It really would be nice to see what he could do if he really set his mind to preparing for a tournament and playing smart golf, but if his priority is taking crazy lines and pushing the envelope, then hey, it's his life, at least until Discmania wants to see him start placing higher.

I think he's doing exactly what Discmania wants him to do, which is to be a showman first, tourney player second.

Not a criticism, just my take, especially after the 'future of the sport' debates around Jussi and course design and media coverage and everything else Jussi gets ripped for.

What do you think of Lebron and Steph Curry doing 3/4 court and behind the basket shots? When you dedicate yourself to your sport for 14 hours of the day, it is good to put 30-60 minutes into fun and unique shots/videos. Will help from getting burnt out.