• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Local League Rude Behavior

Status
Not open for further replies.
My point is: people go to the park for different reasons. Some want to win some cash, some may have a few drinks, others may sneak hitters. I don't care about any of those things, but I would like to think what other people do during a round has little effect on me.

Even if their behavior is appalling, they have as much right to participate in leagues and be in the park as anyone. The best we can do is be respectful users of parks and participants in the sport. If someone is giving the sport a poor image there are constructive ways to curb that behavior, and I do not see law enforcement as a necessary utility for 'course decency.'

Ok, now that is just total ignorance. All of those things you just mentioned are totally illegal a a public park, and anyone doing them have no right to be there participating, because the game is at the park, where all of that is illegal, and the police should definitely be called. If we lose courses, so be it. our society doesn't need that garbage around our children. Period.

Why THANKS for the warm welcome, glad to make an appearance! :clap:

When did I bring up MJ?

Creating peace on the course and having a fun experience for EVERYONE is what this game should be about.

For a first post this rates about a 2.

Also, regardless of your morals, or if smoking MJ on the course is your right....I believe it is legal precedent that your rights only extend to the point where they infringe upon my rights.

A guy with a screen name of Gamble, bothered by her use of the term "gamble". Oh, sweet irony.

Its not irony. I like to gamble so thats my nick name since high school. Guess you learned the definition of irony from Alanis Morisette.

Ok, now that is just total ignorance. All of those things you just mentioned are totally illegal a a public park, and anyone doing them have no right to be there participating, because the game is at the park, where all of that is illegal, and the police should definitely be called. If we lose courses, so be it. our society doesn't need that garbage around our children. Period.

No its not all illegal. You can drink at many public parks. If you are serious here, and i didnt read any of your other posts to find out if you are joking, you are all that is wrong with the world. You are one of the people that hate others having fun. Like the arseholes who made laws that say I can't but beer on sundays etc. Change your screenname to church lady.

No its not all illegal. You can drink at many public parks. If you are serious here, and i didnt read any of your other posts to find out if you are joking, you are all that is wrong with the world. You are one of the people that hate others having fun. Like the arseholes who made laws that say I can't but beer on sundays etc. Change your screenname to church lady.

If you think he is all that is wrong with the world, you live in a very small insulated bubble.

Why THANKS for the warm welcome, glad to make an appearance! :clap:

When did I bring up MJ?

Creating peace on the course and having a fun experience for EVERYONE is what this game should be about.

Blur nice to see another Bay Area guy chime in here. Welcome to the forums.

But if we could just overcome the hippy-stoner image we'd be on espn, our pros would be millionaires, and we'd get our due respect around the office. ;)

REALITY CHECK: you fell in love with a fringe-sport and the image isn't going to change in your lifetime. If that keeps you up at night, perhaps you should ditch your discs and pick up some clubs. :)

Last I checked those were not PDGA requirements and it is sort of a dumb post, you just further the negative stereotypes.

cdgc_mark, excellent diplomatic post :clap:

Last time I checked, for your information, in case you didn't know, hate to break it to you , and ummmmm... epic, just sayin' nip zorp malfunction

Did this thread show the OP what she witnessed was an isolated incident or do you think she gets the impression it's more widespread?
:popcorn:

It shows her this behavior is wide spread and a few users here have no problem with it.
"She should have know what kind of sport she was getting into"

Status
Not open for further replies.