• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Loft Discs Hydrogen Putter

It might be a decent disc but that is a terrible review. He's talking about how amazing it is before even throwing it. AND he never actually shows a full power shot with it.

It's videos like this that remind me why I don't watch disc review videos. He is more interested in praising the disc so the company will send him more discs then actually doing a proper test and giving an honest review.

It might be a decent disc but that is a terrible review. He's talking about how amazing it is before even throwing it. AND he never actually shows a full power shot with it.

It's videos like this that remind me why I don't watch disc review videos. He is more interested in praising the disc so the company will send him more discs then actually doing a proper test and giving an honest review.

Glad to know it's not just me getting that impression. I'm picking up a strong snake oil salesman vibe.

I like how he said it didn't have a good hand feel, then he praised it for power grip and even said it felt good for a fan grip about 10 seconds afterward.

As for the flight, seems to be a little more stable than advertised. I know low glide can make a disc seem more stable than not, but I think I'd just stick to a Nova.

I like how he said it didn't have a good hand feel, then he praised it for power grip and even said it felt good for a fan grip about 10 seconds afterward.

As for the flight, seems to be a little more stable than advertised. I know low glide can make a disc seem more stable than not, but I think I'd just stick to a Nova.

After watching the review I am a little confused about the stability. It didn't look like a 1,2,0,0. From what I could see every shot faded* but he also mentions hyzer flipping it on a 200 foot shot. If a disc hyzer flips on a 200 foot shot when new the disc is understable(or the thrower has some OAT.)

*Or at least finished on a "hyzer angle."

They produce a putter with little glide, meaning it doesn't want to stay aloft when thrown, and name it the Hydrogen. Maybe their next putter will be a lid named the Tungsten.

They produce a putter with little glide, meaning it doesn't want to stay aloft when thrown, and name it the Hydrogen. Maybe their next putter will be a lid named the Tungsten.

Or Iron, Fe.

I think that Disc Golf Nerd or DGN on YouTube is going to try to test the disc correctly. Knowing him he will give the disc a good test unbiased since now DGN had enough places getting him free discs he does not need to suck up to the places, just thanks them for sending a disc the way he has done since I started watching him in 2016.

Last edited:
The disc may be great but it bugs me that they are acting like this is new, especially if you consider how subjective flight numbers are. I love keeping a slow low glide putter in the bag. For me the bullfrog rocks in that slot. Yeah it does have some fade(minimal) on soft upshots but on longer tight putter drives its super straight and if I get on it harder it will definately turn. Its somewhat seasoned though. Honestly I am not really interested in a throwing putter thats super straight out of the box because they generally do not stay that way long. My Novas are good examples of that. They were laser beam when fresh but very quickly became understable and fill that role for me now. Its crazy how soft I can throw them and still get an understable flight. Still, I hope they sell a ton of these. I also am looking forward to discgolfnerds review.

I guess this will be a scientifically designed version of a discraft rattler. I like rattlers but they do have their problems, really looking forward to what this disc will provide regarding viability as a main or driving putter.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

Was the Hindenburg a Hydrogen blimp? 😮

Was the Hindenburg a Hydrogen blimp? 😮

I believe it was. The hydrogen enabled it to float, and also made it susceptible to turning and burning, which of course unfortunately happened.

Fun trivia:
This airship, which contained flammable gas, held a smoking room for the passengers.

These fellas got €116k...and I can hardly get 100 views per video on YouTube...

Looks like a cool disc, I hope they do well.

So the loft has been released, or at least the kickstarter contributors have em. Any one thrown one?

I've had a few putting sessions with mine.

It's like a lower profile, nice plastic, more disc- golf disc feeling rattler. Fantastic disc for me (ultimate background), I will definitely be putting with these instead of my trusty maidens due to a lot less low speed fade on longer putts. They also fly remarkably slower when putting, I hope that doesn't become an issue on tournament baskets.
They feel great, flat top and not too deep. And they seem to fly like the ESP Ginnelly rattlers (great). They forehand well, too, will use them for up upshots as well.

I'm excited to test them on full throws, looking forward to that. I feel like they handle wind well, too. We'll see :)

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

I watched the video and questioned "So, it's a slower Aero?" I'd love to see a comparison video with the two discs.

I've had a few putting sessions with mine.

It's like a lower profile, nice plastic, more disc- golf disc feeling rattler. Fantastic disc for me (ultimate background), I will definitely be putting with these instead of my trusty maidens due to a lot less low speed fade on longer putts. They also fly remarkably slower when putting, I hope that doesn't become an issue on tournament baskets.
They feel great, flat top and not too deep. And they seem to fly like the ESP Ginnelly rattlers (great). They forehand well, too, will use them for up upshots as well.

I'm excited to test them on full throws, looking forward to that. I feel like they handle wind well, too. We'll see :)

I was late to the game and haven't gotten the 5 I ordered yet. I was worried they'd be too deep dish for my tastes (I putt with an Envy) but it sounds like that may not be the case.