• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] Longbowman VS Fortress

Huk Finn

* Ace Member *
Longbowman 9,4,0,3
Fortress 10,4,0,3

I have a TP Longbowman, great disc. It's very flat. Straight shooter with predictable fade. Never thrown the Fortress.
I'd love to hear from anyone who has thrown both of these and what your thoughts are.

Thanks

I bag both, the Fortress goes further and has more glide. As I recall, the Longbowman has got a 18mm rim while the Fortress got a 20mm rim so the speed difference is greater than the numbers imply. A beat in TP Fortress goes really far. It's the Trilogy Thunderbird imho.

Fortress has a lot more glide to me. I've thrown both and maybe my longbowman is just super dumpy

tried out the fortress last year. late autumn and had no time to really get it in the bag.

the longbowman was nearly a staple. and it would go in and out of my bag when I was throwing mostly trilogy.

the fortress seems strong, stable and longer than the bowman. the bowman for me was better than the tbird. shorter and stable.

while I'm talking about this, I imagine myself putting together a mostly trilogy bag and kicking out the Pd's for the the fortress. and putting in some lightweight bowmans to do double work as a fairway driver that will turn or go straight depending on situation.

man that sounds like fun!

Great replies thanks! I'll be getting a Fortress then..
My bag is all Westside with the exception of a Trident. Not that any one cares, just felt like typing that.

How do both of these compare to the Boatman?

That is an excellent question - I'd rate the Boatman a tad less stable than the Fortress/Longbowman, but longer. It has the widest rim of the three at 2.2.

Longbowman is the shortest and most stable of the three for me, with the Fortress in the middle.

Thanks Monkeypaws.

been out of loop for a while and have returned to discpocalypse. I do have an early run Tournament Boatman that is pretty stable but I haven't thrown it in a while. Need to get back out and throw.

Hey keltik, the Boatman is plenty stable - it's just the others are pretty overstable(at least for me). The Ahti is supposedly even more overstable.