• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] Longer banshee?

Taylor

Birdie Member
My 175 champ banshee is my perfect FH disc for anything under 300ish. I can throw it hard and it goes dead straight and fades nicely at the end.

I'm looking for a speed 9 or so that does the same. I'm looking for another 20 or thirty feet of straight before the fade kicks in.

The obvious answer would be firebird but I throw an 11x that is wayy more overstable than my banshee.

Maybe a beat in 12x?

Tried it, doesn't have the hard fade like a banshee. Too forward.

Pred maybe?

I have,

My forehand isn't as clean as my backhand so I tend to get a little turn out of the PD's.

For whatever reason, the banshee is as straight as an arrow.

In the OP. It's an 11x and super overstable. Thrown flat it'll go 200 feet and then fade harrrd.

Maybe try a lighter Firebird and with more dome.

Not necessarily lighter even, but a domey one would definitely fill the role you are looking for. I currently throw a FAF 12x (similar in OS to an 11x) for stoooopid beef needs and a domey 12x for shots in between TB and PD range that go straight for the majority of its flight and then fade hard at the end.

So the less stable firebirds are the 12x's that have a little dome?