• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] Longer banshee?

Reading the Title of the thread I would say a Firechicken... Thats what they are made for, just use it and she'll find that sweet spot your looking for.

Pretty much everyone has been spot-on.
Faster=Star Max. You are not turning this thing.
Love my MVP Shock (2nd run)
Firebird is a great choice. Get a Star FB.
ESP Pred will also fit what you want.

Honestly for me, I used to flick a pred but a 10x kc pro eagle goes farther for forehands for me than any of the above. I flick it flat and it holds for a long ways and hooks up good at the end of flight. I know its only a 7 speed but more glide than a banshee so it doesnt wanna cut as early, same problem with the firebird no glide.

Honestly for me, I used to flick a pred but a 10x kc pro eagle goes farther for forehands for me than any of the above. I flick it flat and it holds for a long ways and hooks up good at the end of flight. I know its only a 7 speed but more glide than a banshee so it doesnt wanna cut as early, same problem with the firebird no glide.

:confused: Firebird not having glide a problem? The Firebird isn't a disc for distance lines, it's for utility shots & for shots that need to go hard left (RHBH).

Pre-Flight number Champ Firebird is what you're looking for. Doesn't have as high of HSS as the new 12x. It's my fab sidearm disc besides an Eagle or PD2.

I would bet a flat star starfire would be just what you're looking for. Mine goes straight for a long time then has a healthy fade at the end similar to my pre flight # banshees.

I will say Predator. I had an Flx Pred that was beat just a bit (about as much as I could beat it) and it was my go-to sidearm and backhand stable disc.

I would bet a flat star starfire would be just what you're looking for. Mine goes straight for a long time then has a healthy fade at the end similar to my pre flight # banshees.

IMO the PD is better than the Starfire, they are both similar discs & the OP already said he didn't like the PD, so I doubt he'd like a Starfire.

Z Pred, maybe a bit seasoned, would be my choice for a longer champion banshee flight.

My Champ Banshee and Star Firebird are pretty similar, but if you're anti-FB? The Pred is pretty much a Firebird with a different stamp on it, so you might have the same problem with it. You could always do a Teebird too, but that's the same speed... I'd throw in my vote for the FL. The Star FL I've thrown is a touch less stable than my FB. Not sure if that's common or not, but that's my experience.

Try a prodigy F2....or a lighter F1. The F1 is almost a firebird and the F2 is just like a banshee or over stable teebird. I don't think you would be disappointed.

IMO the PD is better than the Starfire, they are both similar discs & the OP already said he didn't like the PD, so I doubt he'd like a Starfire.

I disagree. A PD is a lot easier to turn FH, more distancey, than a flat Starfire.

It's worth a shot but I like the Pred/Tsunami recommendation the most. Maybe a GL xXx?

Similar in flight.. Sure, but not exactly the same. the pd goes further with a little less fade. starfire slows and hooks hard, similar to how a banshee acts. The flat starfire and pd have a totally different feel in the hand. I'd still suggest giving it a shot. You can find x-outs for really cheap which makes them easy to try without spending a bunch of cash.

I used to use a Monster and a Banshee for this. I know looking at the numbers that a Monster has a good bit more stability than a banshee, but a star monster will beat into what I think you are looking for. no high speed turn and plenty of fade at the end. The one I that I threw had much more glide than a firebird as well.