• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Longer Buzzz

I'll look into the tracker and Q JLS. The JLS intruigues me simply because I don't have many discs and am looking to try out some more brands.

I take issue with any other Trackers other than the X and some of the first run Zs (the red ones that just say DISCRAFT across the top) being compared to the Buzzz. Most are considerably more overstable and don't hold a line very well.

Interestingly enough, I heard Eric McCabe say that the XL is pretty much a longer Buzzz while he was doing commentary for a Dynamic Discs video. It wouldn't be the first disc that came to my mind, but I'm also not a world champion sponsored by the brand either :D

The most common choice would be the Stalker. My issue with the Stalker is that it's really just a slightly longer Buzzz for me. It is a fairly narrow niche where it can't be reached with properly thrown Buzzz or Comet, but is also short of PD territory. If I played more tight, low-ceiling courses then this type of disc would hold much more appeal to me. Except I'd just put my lightly seasoned ESP Cyclone back in my bag instead :thmbup:

I would strongly consider the ESP Cyclone instead of a Stalker if I were you. I find that it flies a little longer, is a little better in the wind, and is capable of a greater variety of shots. The Leopard is a similarly versatile disc.

I'll look into the tracker and Q JLS. The JLS intruigues me simply because I don't have many discs and am looking to try out some more brands.

If more people tried Millennium, I can guarantee their molds would be popular. The QMS, JLS and OLF are all some of the best discs in their class. Their new Quasar is a very long and workable max D disc, and the Omegas are fun approach discs...very accurate.

If more people tried Millennium, I can guarantee their molds would be popular. The QMS, JLS and OLF are all some of the best discs in their class. Their new Quasar is a very long and workable max D disc, and the Omegas are fun approach discs...very accurate.

Don't forget the OLS <3

One reason I have never purchased a millennium disc is that it is super hard for a person unfamiliar with the brand to make any sense of all the abbreviated names. If they had simple names like most discs they might have caught my attention by now.

One reason I have never purchased a millennium disc is that it is super hard for a person unfamiliar with the brand to make any sense of all the abbreviated names. If they had simple names like most discs they might have caught my attention by now.

They are simple.

MF = Midrange fade
MS = Midrange Straight
JLS = ?Just? long straight
OLF = long fade
OLS = long straight

JTacoma03:

You are making much more sense to me now...Glo Z and Crystal are the slowest of the Buzzzes by some margin. I used to throw 2FRs which are the fastest...Many here throw FLX, which are also much faster than the two you are throwing. Your results do not surprise me now...Except for the Sparkle Aftershock...Is that a production disc, or the older CFRs?

Ah! I should have clarified earlier. I tend to only throw production run plastic with the exception of CryZtal discs (Nukes, Stalkers, Buzzzes, and Challengers are MONEY in that plastic).

Sparkle aftershock is a recent run, it does have a special "Chains" stamp (fundraiser for the documentary) but I don't believe it's any different flight wise than the current stock stamps. Did you expect it to be longer or shorter relatively?

I still say that even the slowest Buzzz is faster than a Roc.

There's just no way - the number of people that can throw a Roc 350' greatly outmatches the number of people that can throw a Buzzz that far...at least in my experience.

Distance =/= speed. I can throw a Buzz further than I can throw a Spirit.

Also Rocs are way more predictable at 325-400' than a Buzz, which probably leads to seeing Rocs used at that range more than Buzzes, even if the player can throw their Buzz that far.

There's just no way - the number of people that can throw a Roc 350' greatly outmatches the number of people that can throw a Buzzz that far...at least in my experience.

Remember, you are throwing the slowest and shortest Buzzzes. Compared to 2FR, flat production Z, or ESP the Crystal and Glo are 20' shorter on power shots. These other Buzzzes EASILY outdistance the Roc, especially if thrown at the same height. A beat Roc moves forward more as it drops, so if aired out it can outdistance the Buzzz slightly, but on the same line the Buzzz will win every time.

Distance =/= speed. I can throw a Buzz further than I can throw a Spirit.

Also Rocs are way more predictable at 325-400' than a Buzz, which probably leads to seeing Rocs used at that range more than Buzzes, even if the player can throw their Buzz that far.

This is only true for hyzer shots...Most Z Buzzzes are as predictable as a Roc beaten straight on straight lines at that distance imo. Even Nikko uses a 2FR Buzzz for dead straight shots in that distance range (at least the last time I played with him).

They are simple.

MF = Midrange fade
MS = Midrange Straight
JLS = ?Just? long straight
OLF = long fade
OLS = long straight

Would it be easier if they were named Teebird, Wasp, and Wizard?

Latest posts