• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Longest hole you've played

AdamE

Double Eagle Member
Diamond level trusted reviewer
So I was trying to think of the longest hole I've ever played. I think it's the 1001 foot hole at Idlewild for me.

There's a 1167 foot hole at Redstone Arsenal in Huntsville, but when I played there it was in the 822 foot position. It's not marked on the hole info, but you can see it on the map.

Old English is on a ball golf course and it's possible there's a 1000 footer there, but I'm not sure if the holes have been measured.

So what's the longest hole you've played?

Permanent course hole - 860 feet. Griffin Park, Norman, OK #2
Tourney temp hole - 1,111 feet. Lake Shawnee Alternate, Topeka, KS #18 (old layout)

Middle Park in Bettendorf, IA #8 is 1,002 feet in the longest placement, but it wasn't in that placement when I played it.

1600' at FlyBoy.

Wife played it, not me.

triple circle 13.

1600' long, 90' wide fairway/runway with OB on either side past the runway lights.

Highbridge #8 Gold is 1345' par 6. I think Monroe told me the Flyboy 1600' is a par 7.

Chuck has a 2700 footer at Highbridge.

What!?!?! Are you serious? That's over a half mile. Which course is it on? The longest one I could find there was 1325 on the gold course.

Highbridge #8 Gold is 1345' par 6. I think Monroe told me the Flyboy 1600' is a par 7.

Yes and on the "Signature" 18 hole version it is shortened to a par 5 (Flyboy)

The longest hole at any of my local parks is about 800 feet. There are several holes around 700 feet. A 1500+ foot hole is ridiculous, unless its a temp hole or a joke or something.

870ft @ West Lake, in Davenport, Iowa
The only reason we were playing from the Pro Tee's, is because the tee's were covered in snow and the Pro tee's had the sign next to it.
140488f9.jpg

The Coolest long hole I've played would be #5@west lake from the pro tee. 826ft Off the top of a dam! Very Cool! (The 5th tee, is in front of that first wall in the above picture.
5c4b792c.jpg

This is not me in the picture, this is from the course profile pics.

The one off the top of the dam looks freakin awesome!

The one off the top of the dam looks freakin awesome!

It's hard to tell in the picture, but it's a taller than it looks in the picture. I'll see if I can find a pic from the bottom! It IS freakin awesome!:)

I forget exactly how long but I think it's about ~800' at Treasure Cove DGC in Council Bluffs,IA.

uphill the entire way. OB on both sides

Nevin Hole 12, 950'. I'm trying to think if I've played anything longer, but I don't remember.

4673e5e1.jpg

#8 at Highbridge Gold. 1300', but downhill most of the way. I think #18 on Granite Ridge is more of a pain to hike though.

Longest actual hole I've played is 975' at Hawk Hollow.

Latest posts