• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Longest hole you've played

1087 feet at the Monster at Fighting Creek in Virginia....didnt seem so bad as the prior hole was 652 uphill and before that there was a 887 footer....Insane course.

I have played the long holes at Redstone Arsenal, Highbridge Gold & Winthrop Gold.

At one time there was an 1000 foot (plus) hole at Edmundson Park in Oskaloosa. That placement is not showing on the current layout. There was also a 1000 foot (plus) hole at Vista Del Camino for the Memorial for several years, but a new softball field has been built in that area. The hole at Vista was absolutely diabolical with OB sidewalks and artificial OB lines that were narrowed in strategic (or random) spots with basket on the edge of a hill.

The best of these longest holes I have played are #8 Highbridge Gold and #8 Redstone Arsenal. Highbridge has an awesome view, beautiful fairway and is basically downhill. Redstone has a much narrower fairway among the mature trees and provides a great challenge.

I have played the long holes at Redstone Arsenal, Highbridge Gold & Winthrop Gold.

At one time there was an 1000 foot (plus) hole at Edmundson Park in Oskaloosa. That placement is not showing on the current layout.

Are you from Iowa?

1120 feet, Lemon Lake Gold Course, hole #8, just this past Sunday!

Previous to this, my longest played was 1002 feet, also hole #8 at Middle Park in Bettendorf, IA.

Come to think of it, another hole #8 I used to play alot was pretty long (though not 1000+). It was part of the old Adler Park layout in Libertyville, IL. Any old(ish) players on here remember that old 18 hole layout at Adler? Wasn't it hole #8 that was about 800 feet towards the obelisk? I can't remember for sure.

#10 @ Snow Farm = 1038'
#1 @ Spring Valley = 954' (+/- a few feet)

1120 feet, Lemon Lake Gold Course, hole #8, just this past Sunday!

I played this from the short tee (which I think is 870 or something like that). That hole is lame though, it's just long for the sake of being long.

I played this from the short tee (which I think is 870 or something like that). That hole is lame though, it's just long for the sake of being long.

Yeah, I didn't find it particularly appealing... The approach and green area was nicely set up, but the rest of the hole could have used some interestingness.

I've played several 1000' foot holes, a handful of which are on this course. I played the black tees for the hell of it, the 9 hole layout plays over 8500' with 5 holes over 1000' and one pushing 1500'.

Latest posts