• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Longest hole you've played

Longest permanent holes :

1001 @ Idlewild (Northern KY)
911 @ Phil Moore Park #8 (Bowling Green KY)
800 @ Phil Moore Park #2

Nevin Hole 12, 950'. I'm trying to think if I've played anything longer, but I don't remember.

4673e5e1.jpg

Not only do you gotta work the disc to the pin, but they want you to work those loose limbs off the fairway as well.... When did they include this in DG?:rolleyes: LOL!

Hole 11 at Winny Gold is the longest I played. 1196 feet.

Old Settlers Park in Round Rock, TX has two >1000' holes. Hole #4 is 1053' and hole #17 is 1004'. It also has a 773' and a 602' that are uphill and it's almost always windy at OSP.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Hole 4.jpg
    Hole 4.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 179
  • Hole 17.jpg
    Hole 17.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 180
1600' at FlyBoy.

Wife played it, not me.

triple circle 13.

1600' long, 90' wide fairway/runway with OB on either side past the runway lights.

Ditto. Single circle 11 -- made it all the way down without going OB to about 200' out, tried to make the turn toward the hangar for the basket, and left it about 10' short of the good side of the OB rope, thanks to a gust in an already strong wind.

As cool as it is, I'm sort of glad Kelly listened to Val, Avery, and Nate and created the shorter version for the "Signature" layout -- it is sort of pointless to punish you several times in the course of one hole for the same thing -- essentially you take between four and seven or eight drives, depending on how far you throw, and if it sails wide or worse, hits the ground slightly nose down but 30-40 feet in bounds and rolls out, you take your extra stroke and do it again. Once or twice on the same hole is supportable, but having it happen 3 or 4 or 5 times seems a bit much.

Nevin Hole 12, 950'. I'm trying to think if I've played anything longer, but I don't remember.

4673e5e1.jpg

what great course signage!

maybe they can hire my nephew if they add any new holes. he's really good with trees

As cool as it is, I'm sort of glad Kelly listened to Val, Avery, and Nate and created the shorter version for the "Signature" layout -- it is sort of pointless to punish you several times in the course of one hole for the same thing -- essentially you take between four and seven or eight drives, depending on how far you throw, and if it sails wide or worse, hits the ground slightly nose down but 30-40 feet in bounds and rolls out, you take your extra stroke and do it again. Once or twice on the same hole is supportable, but having it happen 3 or 4 or 5 times seems a bit much.

Yeah she was shocked when I told her they already came out with the shorter layout at the AO. She loved the course but thought a 6hr round was a little excessive...which...it is.

I also played the 1600 footer at flyboy. I took a circle 7. Hard to throw far when you have to be so accurate. Very easy to go ob on that hole. Well at least for me. It is a par 7. Coolest course ever!

I "played" Lake Merritt in Oakland (CA) with a buddy before we'd heard about DG. It's a couple of miles, par 400 ...

Quaker's Challenge at Pinchot State Park has a 935' hole in the C pin. To make it even better, it's a slight dogleg!

I also played the 1600 footer at flyboy. I took a circle 7. Hard to throw far when you have to be so accurate. Very easy to go ob on that hole. Well at least for me. It is a par 7. Coolest course ever!

It looks so wide to the casual obsverver but obviously it isn't.

Amazing that Climo and Feldberg carded 5s on it...and a 3 on the 1031' hole 21 is pretty sick too.

I played in the Mighty Gaw V two days ago. Hole #18 is 1,500 ft down a ski slope. Some nice videos on YouTube produced by DiscGolfMonthly of the event from last year.

Longest permanent holes :

1001 @ Idlewild (Northern KY)
911 @ Phil Moore Park #8 (Bowling Green KY)
800 @ Phil Moore Park #2

Those 2 Phil Moore holes are the longest I've played. There are some real long holes(up to 1450'+) at the newer Hobson/Riverside 9 that are actually built into the ball golf course that I have yet to play.

I know that Old Settler's in Round Rock, TX has two holes over 1,000 feet. Cameron Park East in Waco, TX has a hole in the 800s. I've played plenty of safari holes that were well over 1,000 feet, but not that were permanent holes on a course.

Latest posts