• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Longest putter?

jjmiller

Eagle Member
Pretty self-explanatory: In your experience, what's the longest putter for tee shots? For instance, I personally can get a Judge out a little further than a big bead Aviar. Is there something else that would creep up even closer to the distance potential of mids?

My 750 PA4 can get really good stable distance. Doesn't get flippy. Just hyzer-flips to flat and rides a long way.

The longest I've thrown is the Proxy and a 155 Atom I have. They will go over 300 without me trying all that hard.

Opto Pure is the longest I have thrown.
The trouble with it, in my opinion, is that it gets a bit unpredictable out at the extremes of its range. I now choose to throw a slower, more stable disc for shorter shots (Shield or Harp), and disc up to a midrange (Buzzz or Kaxe) for longer shots where a Pure can be a little bit squirrely.
I do occasionally return to the Pure to determine how it fits my evolving skills and style.

Proxy and envy both crush, but I think a proxy has it beat ever so slightly. Just ask Mike C.

I've seen guys throw wizards farther than almost any other putter by a good margin. The shield is right there too.

I can throw a Yeti a mile. I use it as a mid range a lot. The concave profile helps it handle lower ceiling shots than most putters. Tons of glide and doesn't torque over. I'd put a Wizard up there too for the same reasons.

Gateway had a sponsored team way back in the day, and almost none of them carried a mid. Didn't need to, they had Wizards.

zeppelin. the glide is just stupid. I'd never use it to putt with, but off the tee........