• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Look Out Oregon...

Apothecary

Banned
Gold level trusted reviewer
this polecat will be buzzzing up there to roc your world. youre out of your vulcan mind if you miss me...wa-HOOOOOO!

Doing a job up there between Eugene and Albany for the next few weeks (months?) and will be playing a ton. Any must-play courses?

in north plains,OR there is hornings hideout its really awesome ive only got to play the first 2 courses but its saying that the third course they put in is number 5 on the best courses list :) if only i didn't live 38 hours away from there id go play it :) defiantly a must see

Horings hideout is beautiful i got a chance to go see string cheese incident there at a music festival this past july . we got to camp out for a couple days and catch a few rounds with some pretty cool people.
wish i lived in those neck of the woods :)

this polecat will be buzzzing up there to roc your world. youre out of your vulcan mind if you miss me...wa-HOOOOOO!

Doing a job up there between Eugene and Albany for the next few weeks (months?) and will be playing a ton. Any must-play courses?

does that mean there will be less apothecary dyes coming out?

not taking my dye gear with me...:(

my spirit is with all of the guild dyers and their work though.:)

Well, I live in Albany...I would be happy to show/play you Waterloo, Adair, and Willamette, maybe more. Shoot me a pm and I will give you my digits.

I hope the weather is good to ya, i was just there last weekend and it rained/snowed the entire time i was there. i was in Grants Pass. doing the family thing so i was unable to fling any plastic, but it is beautiful country though...Have fun!!

Well there's going to be like 4 of the top 30 courses from DGCR's 2010 thing like an hr away from you. Should be epic.

Must play's:

Horning's
Milo
Dexter
Timber
Pier
Cottage Grove
Stubb Stewart
and many more...

If you are around the Portland area the DGOD peeps will show you around... When you hit Horning's shoot me a message and i will show you around and give you the 5 cent tour. Also might want to hop on the local Board to get more info on events and stuff. Local Forum Here. Portland is a hour and 20 or so North of where you will be....

Hippy007

You're going to be pretty much right smack dead in the middle of Oregon... That's a good spot to be. Great disc golf in every direction.
DSCJNKY

you gonna be foot faultin' all over Oregon, too? :rolleyes:

He's the Johnny Appletree of foot faults.

damn you both.:wall:

Well, I live in Albany...I would be happy to show/play you Waterloo, Adair, and Willamette, maybe more. Shoot me a pm and I will give you my digits.

woot woot!:hfive:

i will hit you up. not sure what our schedule will look like quite yet, but ill keep you posted. thanks for your kind offer and thanks to the rest of you for your tips.:) looks like well be doin some serious golf!

Any good NW disc golf trip starts with this map of all the courses in Oregon (and has a link for WA).

My new favorite is L.L. Stub Stewart State Park.

Its brand new but really well done and very challenging. If you like technical golf with lots of elevation changes, this is the place.

Between Horning's and Stub I would say come up north, but Dexter outside Eugene and Whistler's Bend are also good destinations.

I think it's gonna be a perfect morning for Black Butte Lake. Highly recommended to anyone going through Northern California on highway 5.

See you in a couple hours.

like someone said you will be in the middle of great disc golf. I have a good friend in albany and play waterloo,adair and willamette anytime I go up there. Those will be the CLOSEST courses for you. Now if you go an hour or so north of Albany area you will reach Portland which has some great courses.
But if you head south of albany about 45 minutes you will get Dexter and Cottage Grove, Dexter being one of the best in Oregon and CG one of the newest additions.
Again further south will get you Whistlers Bend. But thats like an hour plus south of eugene.
PM me and I can be your guide in Eugene or adair/willamette

Latest posts