• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Looking for a low profile beaded putter

Thavoc

Par Member
Going to say this first since I know people will mention it. Don't reccomend the ringer, I hate discraft baselines. Unless it starts coming in jawbreaker or rubber blend. What I'm looking for is something like the ringer, preferably a little more rounded and a bigger bead. Also I already tried the chief. And when I say low profile I mean truly low profile.

Have you looked at the Devilhawk? The thumbtrack is funky but it's got a good flight and feel.

Dga breaker is the first thing that comes to mind. Also, the prodigy A1-4 are pretty low profile. I've only thrown the A4, super thin and beaded. Unique profile.

Stud, devilhawk, Rhyno, and one I just learned about: the Infinite Discs Tomb. There ya go. Good luck.

Breaker all day.

Speedy and shallow. Flat topper. Nose not pig/gator type chunky. Thick bead. Ok in all DGA plastics. Shallowness makes Forehand less finicky I believe and is much of the reason I carry one. Took me a lot of handling and dinking around to adjust from deep dish.

Colt, Stud, Tomb, P3x, all come to mind, but the bead may not be big enough. What kind of stability are you looking for?

Colt, Stud, Tomb, P3x, all come to mind, but the bead may not be big enough. What kind of stability are you looking for?

Straigh to stable, I really want the rounded edge. I want it to be low profile but still have a meaty feel. Which is contradictory I know.

Straigh to stable, I really want the rounded edge. I want it to be low profile but still have a meaty feel. Which is contradictory I know.

Must be nice to have options. I'm limited to like 5 options for my putters, as I like the deep, concave beaded putter so my options are BB Aviar, Rhyno, Focus, Magnet, and Omega BB. I think the Stud would fit your description, but SD86 is probably a better judge of that than I am.

P3x, Omega driver, or PWP Wizards are IMO exactly this. If you want that "chunky feel" plus the low pro.

Must be nice to have options. I'm limited to like 5 options for my putters, as I like the deep, concave beaded putter so my options are BB Aviar, Rhyno, Focus, Magnet, and Omega BB. I think the Stud would fit your description, but SD86 is probably a better judge of that than I am.

The Stud might work out well, but I was going to suggest the Infinite Discs TOMB.

For putting, that sounds EXACTLY like a Yeti Pro Aviar. It has a meaty feel in your hand, but the sunken top gives you a low profile sort of grip with your filters. Give one a try if you have the chance.

For all the people recommending a Breaker, did you not read the original post in which he said he didn't like Discraft baseline plastic? DGA baseline = Discraft baseline.

If the Yeti isn't good and you want truly low profile, then like others, I'd recommend the Tomb, Colt, or Stud (probably in that order).

I use a rhyno for up shots and windy putting, I love the lack of glide.
Otherwise I putt with wizards, not low profile at all; however, rdg makes a fossil wizard that is very flat, relatively speaking. If you can get your hands on one of those it may work for you. Same with a yeti, I would try to feel one up, they are a different beast.

I also like deputies, the bead is smaller and they are much less stable than rhynos and Wizzies, but have a ton of glide and super low profile.

Going to say this first since I know people will mention it. Don't reccomend the ringer, I hate discraft baselines. Unless it starts coming in jawbreaker or rubber blend. What I'm looking for is something like the ringer, preferably a little more rounded and a bigger bead. Also I already tried the chief. And when I say low profile I mean truly low profile.

Ringer GT in X soft plastic. It's not exactly a ringer and x soft is way better than d or jawbreaker. ;)

A little more seriously, maybe try a D-Line P3x. Feels fairly flat and shallow to me, not quite as shallow as a ringer gt but more so than a classic aviar.

Gateway Chief too. I was a Shaman thrower for a bit and sounds like your description minus the bead. Chief = beaded Shaman IIRC.

Latest posts