• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Help] Looking for a mid that flies like a Roc3 but has no bead

which is all I said. You put the word overstable in your first post and that's not the case at all-- so I replied to your statement to address what you are now reiterating.

DSC00771.jpg

OS or US?

Is an Omega "big bead" more overstable than an Omega AP with a small bead? How about a Wizard vs Voodoo? Wasp vs Buzzz?...basically the same mold but the OS Wasp has a bead.

Bead vs no bead, and size of bead matters when it comes to stability(or overstability if you prefer).

Regarding your example of the Tensor, that's why I referred you to the wing design. Being steeply angled it raises the PLH, for one thing...bead or no bead.

Are you seriously saying there are no beadless overstable mids and putters?

Very few...there are an awful lot of mids and putters that have beads. The ones without tend to be less stable or understable molds.

Why limit your choices by refusing to throw any disc with a bead, big or small?

Why limit your choices by refusing to throw any disc with a bead, big or small?

Simple. I hate beads, and I only need one overstable mid(some say the whole class is pointless) and I don't actually need an understable putter at all.

Oh, and if the bead is so small that it's actually debated as to whether there's a bead or not, it might as well be beadless because I am not going to feel it.

Simple. I hate beads, and I only need one overstable mid(some say the whole class is pointless) and I don't actually need an understable putter at all.

Oh, and if the bead is so small that it's actually debated as to whether there's a bead or not, it might as well be beadless because I am not going to feel it.

Okay, fair enough. Some beads are small like you said, and they can be quickly worn away. Guess what happens then? The disc loses stability.

Anyway, insisting on no beaded mids or putters limits your choices unnecessarily. What if you find that rare OS mid without a bead, but don't like it for other reasons? Same goes for putters.

Okay, fair enough. Some beads are small like you said, and they can be quickly worn away. Guess what happens then? The disc loses stability.

Anyway, insisting on no beaded mids or putters limits your choices unnecessarily. What if you find that rare OS mid without a bead, but don't like it for other reasons? Same goes for putters.

I agree that only throwing non-beaded discs does limit selection, but I wouldn't call that decision an unnecessary one. People should throw what they think feels the best and gives them the most confidence. If someone (such as myself) performs better with non-beaded discs--even if the aversion to beads is purely mental--then they should use non-beaded discs.

I can throw Rocs. I can throw them very well, and have considered using them. I haven't switched to Rocs because I don't like the way they feel.

Also, I think you're underestimating the number of non-beaded overstable midranges. There are quite a number of overstable midranges on the market which don't have a beaded feel.

I agree that only throwing non-beaded discs does limit selection, but I wouldn't call that decision an unnecessary one. People should throw what they think feels the best and gives them the most confidence. If someone (such as myself) performs better with non-beaded discs--even if the aversion to beads is purely mental--then they should use non-beaded discs.

I can throw Rocs. I can throw them very well, and have considered using them. I haven't switched to Rocs because I don't like the way they feel.

Also, I think you're underestimating the number of non-beaded overstable midranges. There are quite a number of overstable midranges on the market which don't have a beaded feel.

Then what's the problem using a Roc? If you can throw it well, what else really matters?

Quite few is more like it.

Yeah, well I don't don't agree with you.

Even a stable-straight mid like the Truth has a small bead, almost imperceptible, but a bead nonetheless. Think it doesn't matter? What's it doing there then?

m1 or m2 might also be a good replacement for a roc3

Innova Shark3 or a Latitude64 Pain

Very similar indeed. I have never been a fan of the bead. Feels ... funky ...

this thread couldnt get more typical. i cant believe its almost at 100 posts. have fun boys.

I ran into some guys playing the other day who asked me what I was throwing after one particular drive. They said "Is that a Roc?" No, it was my Envy. I didn't really think much of it until I played a few days later with a friend of mine who carries Rocs. Almost every throw he made with his Roc, I was using my Envy on, and usually with better results.

Envy might be a better Roc replacement?

Latest posts