• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Mids] Looking for a shallow rimmed mid-range

You might try a Classic Roc. It is a little slow but really easy to throw. I use it for approaches up to 150 feet or so and it will hold an anhyzer then fade to land flat or a hyzer with a small skip if thrown low. Thrown flat it goes nice and straight for me.

Curtis

Use a fan grip. And I think the problem may be the size of the rim as opposed to the depth of it. It's typically harder to get a power grip and mids and putters, which is why it's comfortable for your drivers but not on smaller rimmed discs. Learn the fan grip.

Use a fan grip. And I think the problem may be the size of the rim as opposed to the depth of it. It's typically harder to get a power grip and mids and putters, which is why it's comfortable for your drivers but not on smaller rimmed discs. Learn the fan grip.

I heard somewhere that you loose power/distance with a fan grip... any truth to that?

I'm real close to ordering both a King Cobra and a Super Stingray. I don't plan to totally give up on my Buzz. I will keep it in my bag and continue to work with it.

I'm real close to ordering both a King Cobra and a Super Stingray. I don't plan to totally give up on my Buzz. I will keep it in my bag and continue to work with it.

Or maybe a King Cobra and a Champion Panther. The KC and SS may be too similar whereas the Panther is a smaller diameter (I think) and has a little more high speed stability than the Stingray. Decisions, decisions. :confused:

I heard somewhere that you lose power/distance with a fan grip... any truth to that?

Not really. Grip is pretty personal. You could also try Climo's fork grip. It's kind of a compromise between a fan grip and power grip. But a powerful fan grip is a powerful grip. MJ bombs with a fan grip.

The gateway warrior is just like a Buzzz, but has a more shallow of a grip.

Or maybe a King Cobra and a Champion Panther. The KC and SS may be too similar whereas the Panther is a smaller diameter (I think) and has a little more high speed stability than the Stingray. Decisions, decisions. :confused:

There you go. KC and SS would be a little similar and you're right that Panther is a smaller diameter.

On the fan grip point, it depends. There are tons of different ways to modify a fan grip to be a hybrid between a pure fan grip and a power grip.

Okay. Enough fretting already. I placed an order for a King Cobra and a Champ. Panther. Think I will go throw a round to celebrate.

Yeah I was just gonna chime in on the Panther... I like to practice with wet discs from time to time to try and iron out my throw, making my grip less of a factor. Have you checked out any of the Dan Beato videos? He throws with his elbow facing the basket and follows through straight.. disc travels totally straight the whole release, less of a swingy arm less importance for grip.

Latest posts