• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Help] Looking for Stable to slightly overstable midrange

twistedraven

Eagle Member
I just completed my 2nd bag of discs, and noticed I have a small gap in its assortment of speeds and stabilities. I initially filled out most of my midrange lineup with Buzzz's (2 esp of varying weights, 1 Z)

Turns out these Buzzz's are a little more flippy than intended. My previous bag had a rather beefy Z-Line Buzzz, which flew like a 5/4/0/1.5, but the Z Buzzz in my newest bag flies more like a 5/4/0/1 or maybe even 5/4/0/.5.

I'm after something that's just a little more overstable, but not quite in the realm of Buzzz OS. Something that's beefy, but slightly more mellow than a 0/2 kind of flight.

For reference, I have tried the Wasp, which I feel too overstable for this slot, and the EMac Truth, which I feel might not be stable enough.

Any suggestions?

Last edited:
Lucid-X Verdict is plenty overstable until you throw into headwind. It is significantly more stable than an EMac Truth. The Lucid-X verdict will eventually beat into a straight, reliable fade. I haven't thrown any other stable mids besides a Harp, which is excellent.

I just received a Drone in the mail, but I have the C19, so it'll be a bit before I throw the Drone.

I don't need too overstable. I have a Zone for that kind of shape. I was thinking Verdict because I have heard reports of it not being as stable as its numbers indicate. A buddy uses a Rocx3 and it's nowhere near as stable as its numbers indicate either.

Bard and Gila are both great in this slot.

Aftershock? Bard? M3? Pine? Verdict?

Pines are excellent, and would fit the bill. Unfortunately they're OOP I believe.

The correct answer is a Wasp though. Bard is a touch more OS Pine. That'd be my second choice. I have no experience with Discmania or Prodigy mids. But try your Wasp again is what I'd suggest.

Have a close look at an Exo Method. I bag a Buzzz and had a Buzzz OS in the bag for a long time. The Exo Method is slightly less stable than the Buzzz OS, slightly longer, and seems to compliment my ESP Buzzz perfectly.

I'm surprised the Wasp was too overstable. It still sounds like it might have a chance if you try it more. What kind of Wasp do you have? Is it one of the tour series?

What about a Verdict in a mellower plastic? They're popular but I thought more OS than the Wasp.

The wasp I tried was a bigZ. EMac Truth could fit the bill if I get it in OptoX. Shark3 also caught my interest in champ plastic. I didn't find my wasp that glidey.

Buzzz OS and Wasp are too overstable, while Emac Truth and Buzzz are too understable for you. Interesting.

Verdict is typically a good answer here, but in my experience it is a similar stability to a RocX3 and you already said that a RocX3 is not stable enough. I'm just not sure what to recommend if a Wasp is too OS but a RocX3 is to US. I'll be following along as I'm genuinely curious with what you settle on.

I haven't tried a rocx3 myself yet, but I've seen my friend's rocx3 act more straight than it should be. It definitely has finish to it, but not the beef that its numbers indicate. I'm generally not a fan of how deep the rocs are. I think I might try getting a shark3.

What plastic did you try the Emac Truth in (and are you positive it was an EMac and not a regular Truth)? A flat Lucid EMac Truth should fit the bill well here, a Lucid X one just to be sure. The EMac Truth can turn interchangeably with a Buzzz in Fuzion plastic for sure though.

A Malta might work too but you'd probably have to beat it into that mellow 0,2 sweet spot.

The Dynamic Discs store clerk said the purple run of Chris Clemons Lucid-X Verdicts are the most overstable. Buy one of those, go out to a nice grassy area, but with hard ground underneath, and Tommahawk that disc hard as you can into the ground. 20 times or so. You should have a long lasting 5, 5, 0, 2.5

What plastic did you try the Emac Truth in (and are you positive it was an EMac and not a regular Truth)? A flat Lucid EMac Truth should fit the bill well here, a Lucid X one just to be sure. The EMac Truth can turn interchangeably with a Buzzz in Fuzion plastic for sure though.

A Malta might work too but you'd probably have to beat it into that mellow 0,2 sweet spot.

I've had a couple different lucid emac truths. Maybe I had some bad ones, but I can definitely try one again. I do love the way the emacs feel in the hand.

This disc would slot into a new bag that's all aqua colors, so unfortunately mvp/axiom won't jive. It's too bad, because this glow 2.0 reactor I got in feels amazing in the hand (so flat and smooth), and also flies just how I want this slot to. Wonder if the overmold is dyeable?

I've had a couple different lucid emac truths. Maybe I had some bad ones, but I can definitely try one again. I do love the way the emacs feel in the hand.

This disc would slot into a new bag that's all aqua colors, so unfortunately mvp/axiom won't jive. It's too bad, because this glow 2.0 reactor I got in feels amazing in the hand (so flat and smooth), and also flies just how I want this slot to. Wonder if the overmold is dyeable?

Well in that case I actually own the disc you want. It's a Moonshine Verdict, which I dyed kind of an aqua/turquoise color so that I wouldn't lose it in the snow.

Edit: there is no such thing as a bad Emac Truth, and I am morally offended by your opening statement implying that there is.

I'm a buzzz thrower and briefly had an affair with Champ Roc3. Just a touch of overstable. The perfect straight to fade disc. Said affair would still exist if it hadn't decided to get lost :(

Latest posts