• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Looking for suggestions for my bag

Synyster817

Years playing/experience: DG 6 months; 1 1/2 years of Ultimate
Right/left-handed/ambidextrous: right-handed
Throwing Style: RHBH, RHFH, OH
Golf Distance (avg/max) for mid/driver/driver: Buzzz 230/280 Stalker 260/310 Flick (RHFH) 240/280

Drivers:
166 Innova Star Boss (still stable) - Big hyzers
168 Discraft Z Flick (almost new) - RHFH, get out of trouble
167 Discraft Z Stalker (new) - Main Driver
172 Discraft Z XS (still stable) - other main driver
174 Discraft Z Glide (new) - Hyzer flip right

Mids:
175 Discraft Z Buzzz (new) - straight or distance approaches
177 Discraft ESP FLX Drone (new) - main mid, RHFH approach

Putters:
174 Soft X Putt'r - Anny putts
175 ESP FLX Challenger - Main Putter

Im mostly looking for a good hyzer flip driver and a super fast bomber. I know the Westside king is speed 14 but idk if i have the control to make it work. For the hyzer flip im looking into a roadrunner. any suggestions? :thmbup:

I use an esp surge for my main forehand max distance driver, not sure how they stack up against a flick, but they are like a more stable wraith. A valkryie can be hyzer flipped too.

-Avenger SS is a great hyzer flip disc for forehand. I like it in Z or ESP plastic. I love it for down wind shots and big downhill bombs. I can Hyzer flip it out to about 335' most of the time.

-The Katana is my go to for big flex shots. I really don't throw it vary much unless I have a lot of room. I can throw an average of 360' with a big flex and have got it past 400' a few times. I have also been able to Hyzer flip it on a down hill for my longest shot ever, of about 500'. DISCLAIMER It may not be a great idea to throw a fast disc like the Katana. It really is too much disc for me and I only use it in certain situations. I try to stick with disc speed 9 or less for the most part.

I would also suggest to start driving FH & BH with your Putters, if you are not already. I have been working on FH my XD's and my Wizards. I can get them both out to 225' sometimes 250' with great accuracy. Ues whatever works for you. I throw the XD as my FH Anhyzer & Hyzer flip disc and the Wizard is for Hyzer flip & Hyzers. Driving with putters has greatly improve my overall game and my form.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
The Gazelle is also a grate disc for learning Hyzer flips. If I could only have one fairway driver it would be the Gazelle in a few different plastic types. Champ Glow for Hyzers, KC Pro's for Hyzer Flips and slow Hyzers and DX's for Hyzer Flips and any kind of Anhyzer.

Im mostly looking for a good hyzer flip driver and a super fast bomber. I know the Westside king is speed 14 but idk if i have the control to make it work. For the hyzer flip im looking into a roadrunner. any suggestions? :thmbup:

Roadrunner is pretty good. I like Monarchs for this too. XL isn't bad either. Can't really help you with the super fast bomber, to me that's a P-PD. :rolleyes: Not super fast compared to today's warp speeders but I liked the Halos quite a bit.

Latest posts