• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Looking for the 'Roc' of drivers

todvan

Par Member
Is there a driver that most would consider versatile enough to be overstable to turnover as it ages - and cycle them thru like many do with Rocs?

DX Teebird?
Cyclone?
XL?
Eagle?

In other words, if you had to live with 1 driver mold only, what would it be?

Thanks!

Teebird or eagle X. Of course I have both of them in my bag right now. Once they start making the eagle X again in dx I might pick that one. Not sure.

Teebird or Viking....I love to get an oppurtunity to sing the praises of Vikings! Very underrated disc...

a disc without a notch--TL, EL, viking, assassin, XL--will fly nothing like a roc.

Without a doubt the Roc of drivers are:

pro D cyclone
dx teebird
dx eagle-x
orion lf

Aaron_D said:
a disc without a notch--TL, EL, viking, assassin, XL--will fly nothing like a roc.

Without a doubt the Roc of drivers are:

pro D cyclone
dx teebird
dx eagle-x
orion lf

Not to contradict my post in the Gateway junkie thread, but the Sabre would be a roc like disc. The others mentioned above are also good disc's(Teebird especially).

When I first started, the only things I threw off the Tee pad were Rocs and Gazelles, I feel like the Gazelle is just a mildly longer Roc.

So basically, the Gazelle gets my vote.

And if I could only have one driver mode, it would be a push between the Eagle-X, TB, and Gazelle.

Jsw said:
When I first started, the only things I threw off the Tee pad were Rocs and Gazelles, I feel like the Gazelle is just a mildly longer Roc.

So basically, the Gazelle gets my vote.

And if I could only have one driver mode, it would be a push between the Eagle-X, TB, and Gazelle.

If I had to have 1 driver mold, it would be an EX. I'd throw a Roc for straight shot, and a EX for everything else.

Sounds about right to me, Eagles can go pretty straight too from what I've seen. Although they tend to have a good bit of fade.

What plastic is ideal for Eagle X's, I see there are DX's on the way - wear too quickly>?

Latest posts