• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Lost a Relativity- why are they hard to find?

seedlings

* Ace Member *
TLDR: is MVP ever going to ship out more Relativity discs? I'd like to buy a replacement one under 170g.

Lost my Relativity goofing around on a windy day. I spent hours looking and come to the conclusion it must have rolled to BFE because I looked a hundred feet past my longest throws. Threw downhill (rolling gentle knolls), and it turned over and went forever right, over a knoll. Woods were another 50' (150' past my longest 375')

So I was at the Dynamic Discs store in KC today, and they said MVP didn't fill most of their order and Relativities were in the not-filled portion. Look online and they are out of stock at many (NOT all) places. I almost ordered a 172g, but would really like a 170g or 168g. I had a 174g that I could get a bit of turn on, and a bit of fade. It was like a 13, 5, -1.5, 2 for me because I don't have the arm speed.

Michigan, and they aren't the only ones struggling to supply the boom of players either. A lot of discs are out of stock from almost every manufacturer.

If you can't find a Relativity, give the G* Corvette a try. IMO its simply a better disc. Less finicky, and every bit as long.

The Tenacity is another decent option.

If you can't find a Relativity, give the G* Corvette a try. IMO its simply a better disc. Less finicky, and every bit as long.

The Tenacity is another decent option.

I bought the Relativity because of the -3 turn, figuring if I get a -1 with my arm, that's still a good flight path. Corvette might not give me enough wiggle room. I have a Thrasher that flies for me similar to the Relativity. I was given a Captain and wow that goes far too. I have a flippy Destroyer that somehow keeps edging out the other distance drivers. You ever have a disc or two you'd prefer to throw better, but end up throwing "the old standby" most of the time?

Last edited:
It's difficult to say because it depends on the observer.

I bought the Relativity because of the -3 turn, figuring if I get a -1 with my arm, that's still a good flight path. Corvette might not give me enough wiggle room. I have a Thrasher that flies for me similar to the Relativity. I was given a Captain and wow that goes far too. I have a flippy Destroyer that somehow keeps edging out the other distance drivers. You ever have a disc or two you'd prefer to throw better, but end up throwing "the old standby" most of the time?

Seriously, give the G* Corvette a try. It isn't quite -3 high speed turn, but it isn't that hard to get turn out of.

I've even had the Relativity and G* Corvette head to head in the field. Distance-wise they're similar, but the G* Corvette is less likely to turn and burn. 475' max power with both discs.

My main issue with the Relativity is that it doesn't hyzerflip well. It'll stubbornly stay hyzer. Then when I throw it flat and hard the disc turns over immediately and eats ground.

I believe he's been playing for just a few months. I'm not one of those that say he has to throw a putter 300' before he tries drivers but I honestly think 13 speed drivers are silly for a newb, flippy or not.

I believe he's been playing for just a few months. I'm not one of those that say he has to throw a putter 300' before he tries drivers but I honestly think 13 speed drivers are silly for a newb, flippy or not.

Yep. I'm a newb. Relativity has my max (measured) distance at only 375', but the 12 and 13 speeds are still usable for me anyway. I'm getting putters into the 270' range and throwing them on more holes. But, to your point, I can't often enough get what distance I have to a reliable point of aim. After all, who wants to improve too quickly? Improving is part of the enjoyment.

Yep. I'm a newb. Relativity has my max (measured) distance at only 375', but the 12 and 13 speeds are still usable for me anyway. I'm getting putters into the 270' range and throwing them on more holes. But, to your point, I can't often enough get what distance I have to a reliable point of aim. After all, who wants to improve too quickly? Improving is part of the enjoyment.

375' is very good distance for any casual player so maybe you're a unicorn. If you like gyro, I'd recommend a Inertia or Insanity, 9ish speed and somewhat understable. Waves go very far too in the 11 speed range.

375' is very good distance for any casual player so maybe you're a unicorn. If you like gyro, I'd recommend a Inertia or Insanity, 9ish speed and somewhat understable. Waves go very far too in the 11 speed range.

I quit measuring distances once I could reach putting distance on all the holes I play regularly. That doesn't mean I do it all the time - usually I hit a limb.

Edit: today I was pin high on a 387' hole with the Captain, as an example. (I missed a 30' putt though)

Last edited: