• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Lost disc needs replacing

whtsx2005

I thought it would never happen but it has....I lost my most usefull driver...170g pink star T REX. It has found many ways to try and escape but has failed untill recently when I pulled the drive to the right and down hill into a forest of weeds and bushes. This T Rex was flippy....so flippy that it turned over into a moderate headwind. Many are surprised when I tell them that was a T-Rex after I throw it because it wants to turn over. I've heard that the older T-rex's are more understable than the new ones. A fellow disc golfer got a new T-Rex and I threw it and was way too overstable for my liking. So i doubt a new T-rex would replace this disc. im wondering wut disc would be a replacement for this one.

I admit it was a mistake buying this disc because I bought the T Rex when I was just starting out disc golf!...because of it "maximum distance" capabilities. Luckily I found this site and soon found out I need to be more expirienced to throw the T rex.
I've spent a total of 6 hours looking for this disc and just cant believe it is now gone. wouldnt be that important if it wasnt one of my first discs but it was and I was pulling off amazing drives with it.

Also on the same day.....while my dad and I where looking for my shanked drive. His bag gets stolen! Now we thought we were safe out there because it was 9 am on a weekday, there is no one out there. But of couse somehow his bag gets stolen with also the disc that he shot into a creek! unbelievable day.

anyway which disc would replace it? going to play my first skins match this weekend and have lost my bread and butter. hopefully some soul will return it because i have my email address on the back...and definately willing to pay them off for it. Or if anyone has an.....i dont know wut to call them....first run T-Rex's? Original? The ones before they became wayy overstable. lol I'd be willing to take it off your hands.

you could also trade or purchase a used T rex from someone on the forum. There are a bunch around. I think it might have been Bradley Walker who was not throwing TRexes as much. Might check his for sales.

Sounds like you need a star wraith. They break in a little and become somewhat flippy. Funny thing is, I just found a Teerex a couple weeks ago in a lake that is brand new looking, yet flippy. Very nice disc.

yeah star wraith,,, make sure u shave off the molding line on the bottom of the disc. if you get it in the same weight you should be able to flip it up pretty easily...(assuming you are over 330'-340' of golf d)

I have one of the first run teerexes and it's like you say, flippier than you think it'd be. It started off pretty overstable, like you would expect, but once broken in it was flippier than my wraith. Star wraith would be a good replacement, be aware that they start off fairly stable too though. Also a surge is a good bet (just got a flx surge, and I'm really diggin' it so far), and a pulse is a good teerex replacement...it IS pretty overstable at first though.

Latest posts