• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Lost Disc Statute of limitations?

well, at least he said "if not no worries"

that's an important thing to leave out, in your first post.

Yep. That's why I posted the screen shot. I went back and read it versus my 'impression' of how it went down. However, you're not saying we need to hold discs for 11 months if someone says 'if not no worries' :D

I thought he said it was my no 1 and only ace disc, as if to say his #1 disc plus ace disc.

Last edited:
On May 14, 2021 I text someone about a disc I found. Reply comes back they play all the time and will text me next time he plays.

Yesterday, April 4, 2022, guy text me wanting the disc, it's his favorite disc and he has aces with it.

that's methed up.

It's his favorite disc, but he took a year before calling you?

Exactly. Some discs I have just told folks--"thanks, but enjoy your new disc". Others I have driven an hour to meet, or sent money so they could ship to me.

I expect the finder to do as little as possible to get it back to me. Same on my side--if I find yours, it is incumbent upon you to not put me out too much to return it. A $2/month storage fee seems appropriate. :)

To OP: we need a pound sand emoji...

I found an Innova Thunderbird that looked like it had been around for quite some time. Texted the guy and he says, " I haven't played in two years and I moved 5 states away but yeah I want it back."

Sadly, like some of you have already mentioned, I just don't pick up other peoples discs anymore. Just too much hassle. I do good keeping track of my stuff. If someone else doesn't then their unfortunate circumstance shouldn't burden me.

Anything I find with contact information gets set on top of the next basket in hopes that the next person who notices it will be willing to jump through hoops to return it.

As far as my discs, I have quit putting my contact information on them. Once I lose one then if someone finds it then I guess it's theirs.

One of the local clubs has a clearly explained lost disc policy - feel free to borrow and adapt:

LOST & FOUND

If you lose a disc and it is clearly marked with a phone number when it is found, [club] will call or send a message to the number that a disc has been found.

Found discs will be taken to [local disc store] where they will be held for pick-up for approximately 30 days as a service to the disc golf community. If there is a phone number on your lost disc, [local disc store] will attempt to contact the disc owner a second time by phone or message.

After 2 attempts to notify and 30 days in the Lost and Found, [local disc store] may move the disc to its used merchandise inventory.

Sadly, like some of you have already mentioned, I just don't pick up other peoples discs anymore. Just too much hassle. I do good keeping track of my stuff. If someone else doesn't then their unfortunate circumstance shouldn't burden me.

Anything I find with contact information gets set on top of the next basket in hopes that the next person who notices it will be willing to jump through hoops to return it.

As far as my discs, I have quit putting my contact information on them. Once I lose one then if someone finds it then I guess it's theirs.

If you want someone to pick up your toys after you are finished, you should bring your mom disc golfing. :p

I go with the "stash it" approach. That being said, try to find a decent hiding spot please! I had a guy stash a disc for me and he said it would be "near the teepad on hole 5". I asked where exactly and there was no response. Go to grab the disc and it is nowhere to be found. Guy finally texts back "I left it on the teepad for you!" :doh:

I like to text and hide as well. If no response I'll go back the next time I'm there and either put it in a local list disc box or on rare occasions will keep them to give to new players(if appropriate).

Does anyone have a certain disc they always seem to find? Post covid boom DX wraiths have been littered all over course like beer bottles.

I like to text and hide as well. If no response I'll go back the next time I'm there and either put it in a local list disc box or on rare occasions will keep them to give to new players(if appropriate).

Does anyone have a certain disc they always seem to find? Post covid boom DX wraiths have been littered all over course like beer bottles.

Anything fly dye

145g~ DX Leopards all over the place lol.

There's one local middle school course with a thick bramble jungle peninsula jutting out into the fairway that you just need to throw a decent FH or anny bh around. At any given time, I bet there are 20 dx destroyers in there.

Luckily, we have a couple of disc golf stores around that have Lost & Founds....so I'll contact someone...if I can't meet up with them I'll let them know which store I'll drop it at and text them when I actually drop it off (it might take me a day or two).

But I do my best to get discs back.

On the other hand, if I lose a disc I consider it gone...if I get it back I consider it a surprise. I also offer the finder a reward depending on the value of the disc to me.

The one's I dislike are the ones who fish a disc out right when you put it in the water and demand money instead of letting you have the chance to get it out yourself.

In the area I started playing in Oregon there was a system of "return my disc I will buy you a bomber of beer", or take it to the local disc shop and they will give you $1 in store credit. Here in cali, they have lost disc boxes......gotta contact one of the caretakers to open the box and see if your disc is there. I liked the Oregon system better

Edit: to be clear, the store that gave in store credit would call the number for you so you weren't selling the disc to the store.

The disc was returned to it's owner today. Probably the last time I message someone I don't know, OR just text a pic of where I stash it. I've heard the local club is putting in a disc return box. Can't wait for that.

Latest posts