• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

lost my temper yesterday

I am trying. Getting off this site is like trying to get off of Crack. Plus the wife has the TV tied up with Lifetime again. I am taking out the motorcycle in 15 minutes. I took it to work yesterday , and it was great.

It is pretty addictive...I am on a strict methadone regiment to cut the hunger.

Here's is what I am thinking... And it may not apply to this particular instance.

I don't see anything wrong with throwing if you know you can't possible reach the people ahead of you. If you are on the tee at a 600 foot hole and other people are around the basket what's wrong with throwing your drive if you barely throw 300 feet?

Here's is what I am thinking... And it may not apply to this particular instance.

I don't see anything wrong with throwing if you know you can't possible reach the people ahead of you. If you are on the tee at a 600 foot hole and other people are around the basket what's wrong with throwing your drive if you barely throw 300 feet?

Couldn't agree more. I'd do the same in that situation. No different than ball golf. But in this particular instance they were potentially within reaching distance on the first throws I heard whacking trees behind us. And definitely within reaching distance as they were about to throw downhill within 100-150 feet.

I still dont quite understand how a 1,000 ft hole can be a par 3.. assuming an average persons drive is 300 ft, which is quite good.. 300+300=600, 400 ft putt? not to mention you need some pretty good accuracy with those drives, and have to hope you don't skip/bounce/slide with one of your drives off into some bushes and what not..

Now, assuming you got someone whocan drive 400 ft, which is very good.. 400+400=800, leaving a 200 foot putt..

Now, assuming you got someone who can drive 450ft which is ridiculously good, 450+450=900, still a 100 foot putt...

Im not arguing with anyone on the site, but have noticed that a few of the holes are like this at courses around me, and was just wondering how this is even remotely possible? What would possess the course creator/designer or whoever makes up the pars (lol) to do such a thing?

I still dont quite understand how a 1,000 ft hole can be a par 3.. assuming an average persons drive is 300 ft, which is quite good.. 300+300=600, 400 ft putt? not to mention you need some pretty good accuracy with those drives, and have to hope you don't skip/bounce/slide with one of your drives off into some bushes and what not..

Now, assuming you got someone whocan drive 400 ft, which is very good.. 400+400=800, leaving a 200 foot putt..

Now, assuming you got someone who can drive 450ft which is ridiculously good, 450+450=900, still a 100 foot putt...

Im not arguing with anyone on the site, but have noticed that a few of the holes are like this at courses around me, and was just wondering how this is even remotely possible? What would possess the course creator/designer or whoever makes up the pars (lol) to do such a thing?

Really? The par discussion again? If you need to know, everything should just be a par 2....drive to the basket and putt...that's it!

um...he did say a SKI hill right? so im sure part of that is downhill...I've thrown 600' downhill before (no its not a rare occurance, hole 18 and george wilson park in Mishawaka IN...I can do it often too) as for the par 3...he was kidding...and it doesn't matter...we all use par three to use better math..ive stayed away from the par debate cause I don't really care...I like all par 3's so I can just add my score...I play pro par everywhere I go...at the end..I have a number...

This particular course that is mentioned in this thread is a Championship caliber course and everyone including the pros plays it as the course is marked.

Really? The par discussion again? If you need to know, everything should just be a par 2....drive to the basket and putt...that's it!

Really? If you hadn't played disc golf recently, a 1,000 ft drive is quite difficult..

You make absolutely no sense, so please, leave this thread, or simply just don't reply if you feel like being an a$$hole.

um...he did say a SKI hill right? so im sure part of that is downhill...I've thrown 600' downhill before (no its not a rare occurance, hole 18 and george wilson park in Mishawaka IN...I can do it often too) as for the par 3...he was kidding...and it doesn't matter...we all use par three to use better math..ive stayed away from the par debate cause I don't really care...I like all par 3's so I can just add my score...I play pro par everywhere I go...at the end..I have a number...

um...I did say "i'm not arguing with anyone on the site", what I meant by that is, i'm not even talking about this guy who started the thread.. I was speaking in general... there is a 1000 ft flat land hole at a nearby course, which also should have hinted that i'm not talking about this guy's hole he's referring to, because I said "i've seen this at a few nearby courses".

This particular course that is mentioned in this thread is a Championship caliber course and everyone including the pros plays it as the course is marked.

Read above, i'm not talking about the course/hole this guy was referring to.

edit: also just to clarify, I said 1,000 ft hole, and going back to elementary school, 934 ft would be rounded to 900 ft, and anything over 950 would be rounded to 1,000 ft. Which proves i'm not talking about the op's hole/course.

So much for not arguing with anyone on this site.. jeez, a simple reading of my post would have shown im not talking about him.

Last edited:
Couldn't agree more. I'd do the same in that situation. No different than ball golf. But in this particular instance they were potentially within reaching distance on the first throws I heard whacking trees behind us. And definitely within reaching distance as they were about to throw downhill within 100-150 feet.
I've thrown long holes when I know people are well out of my range.

Just from reading your posts simpletwist, you come across as pretty reasonable. Sometimes you see things a bit differently than others do, but you think. Sounds like these kids were just being idiots and probably needed someone to teach them a lesson. Don't know anything about you except what any of us have read here, but I'm betting the entire DG community would benefit from more folks like you, and less folks like them.

With any luck, you'll have convinced them disc golf is for disturbed old men who threaten to decapitate young whippersnappers with their discs. ;) Then maybe they'll think before being rude and idiotic again.

You make absolutely no sense, so please, leave this thread, or simply just don't reply if you feel like being an a$$hole.

Take a deep breath buddy. I know you don't post much so you may not understand how things go down here but freak outs like yours are generally frowned upon.

Keep it civil.

because I don't post much means I don't understand how things go down?

I know how things go down, people jump to conclusions and don't fully read the post.

Either way i'll be the bigger person and walk away, just kinda ridiculous how a simple question turned into 3 people being rude towards me.

Every hole in Disc Golf is not par 3. A course in Ludington, MI called Leviathan has par 3s, 4s, and 5s. The par on the long tee is 63 for 18 holes.

Last edited:
Hey gentlemen (term used very loosely here) The intent of the thread was for a guy to vent. Which is done here all of the time. Because 2 individuals should have had enough common sense and decency to not throw something in their direction that could have potentially hurt them.

The argument over the length of the basket is without merit in this thread. If you want to gripe/discuss/piss and moan about par go to a thread that does that!

Also for the noob's here. We get tease all each other here all the time. If you have a thin skin calm down and take this into consideration.

Latest posts