• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Love for the Gazelle

I know a few people in this thread have mentioned throwing the Star Gazelle from the Innova Pro Shop. I'm interested in a little bit of feedback on it. I prefer my Gazelles fresh (unlike a lot of people who like them slightly wore in) so I have to keep a decent stock on hand. I like them for the same shots as my Teebirds, just depending on my mood or if my arm is tired.

So I'm wondering if the Star Gazelles fly like fresh DX Gaz's, and, if so, how long do they keep that flight charecteristic?

^man, i've been wondering the same thing.

McBeth said in his thread that he throws them some and that they are more stable. Which was a surprise to me. Esp, since my experience with domey gazelles is that they are a little flippy.

I'd like to throw one of those F2 pro gazelles too. I hear those are super flat.

If some peeps wanna pool some funds together and let a pair travel between participants...I'd def be down.

The Star Gazelle flew like a used Champ Glow. It wasn't a bad disc at all, and if you only use the DX you would probably like it a lot. The thing that turned me off was the dome on it. It was super domey and the flight plate was floppy squishy. Felt kind of like a FLX plastic, but not as thick. :/

The Stars from the Pro Shop are a bit domey...not bad tho. Compared to a Champ Glo the Star has a descent amount more HSS turn but less LSS, overall a very straight line. The Star has like double the glide though. I am getting 30-40' more on my drives over the Champ Glo. The Star also does well in the wind still.
My star beat out the Champ Glo for being my standard in bag Gazelle. The Champ Glo only goes in on windy days along with the Star.
After two season and alot of use the Star still throws very close to when it was new.

My flight #s:
Star
7 5 -1 2
Champ Glo
6 4 0 2

The Stars from the Pro Shop are a bit domey...not bad tho. Compared to a Champ Glo the Star has a descent amount more HSS turn but less LSS, overall a very straight line. The Star has like double the glide though. I am getting 30-40' more on my drives over the Champ Glo. The Star also does well in the wind still.
My star beat out the Champ Glo for being my standard in bag Gazelle. The Champ Glo only goes in on windy days along with the Star.
After two season and alot of use the Star still throws very close to when it was new.

My flight #s:
Star
7 5 -1 2
Champ Glo
6 4 0 2

I would agree with this assessment. What I really liked the Champ Glows better than the Stars was tight S curves. The Star was more of a glidey S, and the Champ Glow is more of a straight line S.

who watched the orange with white stamp 11x kc go for an near a hundo recently?

did anybody here buy it? amazing how high that thing got.

^touch slower tb

If anyone has any pro or star gazelles they wanna sell, hit me up. I have some glos, 11x i would trade.

i have an off white barstamp "choice of champions" SE/CE gazelle, never seen anyone with these. it also fingerprints.

i have an off white barstamp "choice of champions" SE/CE gazelle, never seen anyone with these. it also fingerprints.

Sorry to bear the bad news:eek: Its prolly dx. Alot of the choice of champions gazelles have been labeled "first run" or "prototype". I'm not sure either is true but they are def very, very early runs and prolly just after they changed the mold.

This is a very, very common misconception. Most likely because the plastic is the older dx plastic that's fairly tacky and has a more pro feel to it.

It looks like this one?

[URL="http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-First-Run-Innova-Valkyrie-Choice-of-Champions-Disc-Golf-/190761368570?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c6a437bfa]HERE[/URL]

how about now?

$(KGrHqRHJEkFDIGCBiVHBQ7sisUVFg~~60_35.JPG

who watched the orange with white stamp 11x kc go for an near a hundo recently?

did anybody here buy it? amazing how high that thing got.

I didn't see that but wow. Gazelle prices are going UP. Orange ans white is the MOST COMMON color combo!!!!(IMO).

Got to ebay; Search "gazelle" in the disc golf section; Click on "sold listings" near the top; Sort from highest price to lowest price;

:eek::eek::sick::(:thmbdown:

I think i may be selling my reaming 11xs and only throwing glows from now on. Ridiculous, just friggin ridiculous .

I didn't see that but wow. Gazelle prices are going UP. Orange ans white is the MOST COMMON color combo!!!!(IMO).

Got to ebay; Search "gazelle" in the disc golf section; Click on "sold listings" near the top; Sort from highest price to lowest price;

:eek::eek::sick::(:thmbdown:

I think i may be selling my reaming 11xs and only throwing glows from now on. Ridiculous, just friggin ridiculous .

yeah...i couldn't believe it. guy had a heavy/pearly 11x kc pro teebird and that gazelle up at the same time. gazelle blew the teebird out of the water. crazy indeed.

Latest posts