• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Love for the Gazelle

Sorry to burst your bubble but my yellow is like puke/dijon mustard yellow. its not bright at all...

I figured as much from the Totems. The bright yellows would be listed as Chartreuse (I ordered one chartreuse Viper and got green so even they aren't guaranteed :mad:).

Mine are all nice and relatively flat. Not as flat as 10x/11x, but not super domey like some of the Champ Glows I've thrown.

f4kzp18.jpg

(Also, Vipers)

i like my pinks, especially my 172. i will let my orange 172g go. philly gets 1st crack at it.

I threw my 175 and a 175 Glo in my round this morning, and they're pretty similar. I have a horribly inconsistent backhand, so it took some doing to get anything out of it. When I really seemed to get behind it it would fly a lot like my DX, but with a tiny bit more fade at the end. On flick shots where I would put too much anny on it it would turn over, but once it came out of the anny it would hold the straight line for longer than expected and then fade gently at the end. After my round I did some field work with a 10x, 11x, Glo, the Circle Champ, a DX, and a Star. The two Champ ones were consistently landing in the same area, and if I would put more effort into throwing the Circle Champ backhand it would fly on a right turning line very much like a DX does when you overpower it. Pretty sure that with some work and some beating in, this will become my go-to Gazelle because it will hold that sweet spot for way longer than a DX will.

Can't compare it to a Cheetah though. Anyone else?

I took my gazelle and cheetah out today. The gazelle was so money it flew straight and then faded hard not as hard as a trident but more than my cheetah. I was getting it 370ish and it was money. Exactly like a short teebird.

Finally got one of mine (175g orange) out yesterday for some field work. For comparison I pitted it with a 175g Totem Teebird that I've thrown some but is definitely not broken in much, and I was maxing out on a Beast and an S-PD yesterday in the 320-340 range on low flat lines.

The Gazelle flew, for me, like a new, beefy Gazelle. Very straight with a good fade at the end. I could get the Teebird about 20ft further on average. The Gazelle (probably because it is brand new) had a bit stronger fade than the Teebird, but I expect some of that will come out. It was flying kind of 6/4/0/2.5 for me, I'd say. It did not want to flip at all. I had a few throws that were a bit OAT-y, but still it resisted turning.

I also threw a couple of forehands with it, and saw similar results.

Overall, I agree with the above posts... a little bit shorter Totem Teebird in flight. Nice Gazelle, and a nice disc overall

According to the Factory Store site, there are precisely 4 of these left. I say that because I just ordered one of the 5 that there were. They went so fast that Innova would be stupid not to produce another run, but then again Innova provided us with the Groove and the Atlas... So I had to spring for a chartreuse one even though I:

A.) Still don't know what chartreuse is.
B.) Have an orange one already.
C.) Have no plans to shelve or hang either one of them.

But just in case they aren't molding more, get on this before people start paying stupid prices for them on Ebay. Wait. Too late. There was an orange 175 on there at $27 before they even sold out of the orange ones.

According to the Factory Store site, there are precisely 4 of these left. I say that because I just ordered one of the 5 that there were. They went so fast that Innova would be stupid not to produce another run, but then again Innova provided us with the Groove and the Atlas... So I had to spring for a chartreuse one even though I:

A.) Still don't know what chartreuse is.
B.) Have an orange one already.
C.) Have no plans to shelve or hang either one of them.

But just in case they aren't molding more, get on this before people start paying stupid prices for them on Ebay. Wait. Too late. There was an orange 175 on there at $27 before they even sold out of the orange ones.

Lol chartreuse is bright yellow. (Basically dayglow )

and I saw that orange one. Went and checked the site, 16 left!

Then someone was like "the rarest color pink! Sold out instantly " I ordered 3 pink 2 days after and got 3of 17 lol.

I wish I could find a reasonably priced circle stamped viper... missed those by 4 hours.

Figures, I step away from this site for a bit and the factory store drops Gazelles! No time to snooze on the obsession. I hope they release more.

I love my gazelles; I throw a champ glo for my more stable shots 300-360, and a dx for my straight shots or turnovers for the same distance. What would be a good compliment to my gazelle for a more stable disc that finshes with more hyzer? Something that I can always rely to finish left?

^^^^
if you are looking for something is the same speed range you could ty a teebird. it seems like the new champ gazelles that just came out seem to be a little more overstable then any other gazelles on the market. you could always try an eagle and if you want something that is way more overstable you could try a banshee

The factory store has restocked the Gazelles! Go get 'em! No lights though.

Glad I had a paypal balance from some discs I sold. Also used my loyalty points and they covered the $6 shipping. 2 awesome gazelles coming my way :clap:

Of course they restocked them after I bought a second one I didn't need or want yet. Dicks. If you want something more reliably overstable I would go with a Banshee. Of course you could try the Teebird, but I just can't get on board with that disc. It just doesn't do it for me. Sorry everyone else ever.

So I just picked up a mildly beat in DX, Absolutely love this disc, now I know being beat in it's not as stable as new but i can throw this thing with just a touch of hyzer, it flips up, barely turns and has a very predictable fade at the end, very reliable, i threw it in the 4 rounds I played this weekend and couldn't be happier, going to pick up a new dx and hopefully a champ in a week if they are still available.

Sounds like the gazelle is finally being discovered by more people. I've always said its one of the most underrated discs out there.

It kills me that they only made the, in 170+. I would have literally spent hundreds of dollars if they had them in the 150-165g range. Despite the shape being slightly different from my candy pro 11X, they fly pretty much the same. The nose actually seems a little taller/thicker, and the shoulder more pronounced. Can someone with a decent camera (and a nice KC Pro) post a side profile shot?

Latest posts