• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Love for the Gazelle

It seems like a lot of people like the new gstar. Dome doesn't look to bag. I bet these will fly close to the true flight number and will break in to be a straight flier or a nice controlled turn over. I would like to see some pics of the new gstar v 11x kc pro. Or hear from someone that has thrown or throws 11x and tried the gstar

Showing off another one, as well as showing some comparisons to the new g* Gazelles.

This old circle stamp Gazelle is more useful than it is pretty, I suppose. I use it for all my hyzer flip needs. Nice, beat in, buttery DX plastic.

Lol, you really would have liked my gazelle collection.

I figure one of these should fly like a new to slightly seasoned DX Gazelle. These Cheetahs are a relatively flat run and pearly as all get-out.

Finally got the chance to throw my gstar Gazelles today. They do fly like a lightly seasoned DX Gazelle. Put it out 300 feet easily. I did manage to turn one into the ground when I threw with a modest amount of anhyzer. Didn't try any flex bombs with em yet.

In my experience with a nicely worn DX Gazelle is that they fly really straight for a long time when thrown with a slight hyzer. Gazelles tend to fade forward more than other discs I think.

In my experience with a nicely worn DX Gazelle is that they fly really straight for a long time when thrown with a slight hyzer. Gazelles tend to fade forward more than other discs I think.

This ^^ plus, if you want more turn with added distance, just throw it with more power. Impossible to flip using clean form.

Anyone get out to throw the gstar gazelle this weekend?

Now that my Ace Race is done, I can concentrate on throwing my regular discs. I will stick with my original assessment that it is like a seasoned Gazelle unless I see something differently.

Sorry to report that the gstar Gazelle (175) flies like a DX Leopard. Way more understable that I had hoped. However, the factory store champ Cheetah's fly like 11x Gazelles.

Unfortunately, I was looking for something in premium that flew like a DX Gazelle or, something in between those two. The search goes on.

Sorry to report that the gstar Gazelle (175) flies like a DX Leopard. Way more understable that I had hoped. However, the factory store champ Cheetah's fly like 11x Gazelles.

Unfortunately, I was looking for something in premium that flew like a DX Gazelle or, something in between those two. The search goes on.

Different styles of throwing I guess. My GStar Gazelle, also 175g, flies nothing like my Leopards, 175g.

Leopards, for me, have very noticeable turn and will go a measurable distance right. If not overtorqued, they will eventually fight back into a hard fade. However, if given either an anhyzer or hyzer, it will hold that angle all the way to the end of its flight. For me, the Leopard is very speed and torque sensitive. It will do exactly what I want, but I have to be conscious of how I throw it.

Non-Gstar Gazelles are best thrown flat because unless I unload a massive amount of OAT into it the Gazelle will not flip or turn. It will hold it all the way to the ground. Unless it is noticeably underpowered, it also has little to no fade. Finally, unlike the Leopard, if I give it an anhyzer, it will attempt to fight out of it. So, the two main differences between a Gazelle and a Leopard is that the Gazelle has almost no lateral movement and that it can handle power.

My GStar Gazelle, after a second day of throwing it on holes that require near max power actually flies similar enough to my regular Star Gazelles that it could be interchangeable with no real let down. The differences I see in flight between my two Gazelles are these:

1) It can flip up flat from the slightest of hyzers and or if already flat will have the mildest of turns. The turn is hardly measurable and in the end the GStar will land almost exactly where you would have expected a normal Gazelle to land.

2) Unlike most other GStars, I think it is actually shorter than the other plastics. Most of my other GStars seemingly have more glide than their counterparts, but the Gazelle seems to have a tick less. On occasion it came up shorter than expected by a few feet. While this was noticeable, some throws still went as far as expected, so results may vary enough where again you will not see a drop off in overall performance.

3) It seems a tick faster than my other Gazelles, which could make up for that tick less of glide.

For me, which again my throwing style obviously is different than yours, the result is a push. The Star Gazelle has better overall performance, but just barely. However, I like the GStar plastic more, especially after it has been washed down to get rid of the production slickness.

I do not see the comparison between the Gazelle and Leopard, but my Leopards have very defined shots in my bag as do my Gazelles. Because of their defined roles that also means that I have a slightly different body motion, wrist angles, and release points for those particular discs. They may or may not be the reason why I cannot see the comparison, but regardless, I have no problems putting in the GStar in place of my regular Stars.

The only way I could get my gstar Gazelle to fly straight was with about a 45 degree angle, outer wing down. My DX Gazelles don't get to that point until they are beat to about 5-6/10. Maybe I got the odd one. Let's see what others report.

I can't add to the discussion about how these fly yet because I keep forgetting that I have them, but here's a side by side with a 9/10 11x. These new ones are definitely more domey than the 11x's. I have at least one of every Gazelle that's been produced, so I'd gladly post comparisons with any other Gazelle if anyone is curious. JL, 7x, CE, old DX, current DX, field dressed, etc.

20140808_185712.jpg

20140808_185811.jpg