• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Love for the Gazelle

Got a cfr glow, really like it! Definitely has a little bit of dome, but it glides well and has good stability. No way I can turn this thing. May not be the BEST in a headwind but I'm sure it'll be good enough. If not, that's what the trident and xxx are for. Like a longer roc Or shorter tb with less fade.

Recent additions to the herd

Attachments

• WP_20150523_14_29_09_Pro.jpg
    WP_20150523_14_29_09_Pro.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 86
i picked up a beat to **** barstamp dx myself. super flippy awesomeness. roller time. gonna put me in birdie range for a couple tricky holes. cfr glo is still killing it: super straight with that nice small fade.

Yesterday I accidentally left my beloved pro Gazelle behind on (I think) hole 2 at Audubon. I was on hole 15 before I noticed her not in the bag. With a backup disc in the truck and a backup-backup at home, I didn't even go back to see if she was still there. Maybe this belongs in the "never leaving my bag" thread! (although technically she did leave my bag, LOL)

my cfr glo still won't turn. once it does develop some small amount of drift i can't imagine i'd throw anything else for a fairway ever again. as it is, even with the fade it's still way straighter than any TB i've thrown. the dx rollers definitely got me some opportunities i never had a chance at before. 27 at kaposia comes to mind, around the pond to the right. i don't think i'm going to concern myself the star gazelles anymore, not with how wonderfully HSS the champ glo is.

my cfr glo still won't turn. once it does develop some small amount of drift i can't imagine i'd throw anything else for a fairway ever again.

It will eventually beat in to super awesomeness, I have one I've bagged for about a year now. Gazelle as always been a great flier for me and I wish it was available in a more wide variety of plastics, stiff Pro Leo plastic to be exact.

That'd be a pretty awesome plastic. It would kick the glide into overkill mode.

I wish innova had a better midgrade plastic they'd make their discs in. stiff (not candy) kc pro, or something ala zero hard, or at least as you said, give the speed 6 some love with driver pro. I wish they could also tone down the dome a bit. Just a leeeeeeetle bit. For now, dx paired with cfr glo is good.

Among the Gazelle lovers, apparently I am in the minority of absolutely loving the Stars because of their dome. For me, this is the best disc ever made. While breaking in Thunderbirds, my TeeBirds have gone all squirrelly recently and I do not know why. They either rocket upwards like I am a new player who has no idea what nose up is, or they break into their fade early, or they simply throw themselves into the ground. There seems to be no rhyme or reason why my TeeBirds are failing me. It is got to the point where I am trying to really beat up my Champion Thunderbirds to make them fly like how my TeeBirds used to.

And then there are my Star Gazelles. With my TeeBirds failing so miserably, I have been reaching for them more and more, and each throw reminds me why I love Gazelles so much. Despite all the issues I am having in general related to soreness from playing too much this summer and whatnot, the Gazelle is still deadly accurate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dq__VfGHCOg

Check out the 31 second mark to see what I mean.

Normal dome, but but very beefy. I have had 5 of them and they are all like mini banshees for a while.

Eeeexcellent. My cfr is now just straight line holding goodness. A little drift, a little fade on a full pull. Want something meatier in there, maybe to boot the hornet.

Picked up a thrashed old school "very long range driver" dx. Thing is solid. It's flippy, but controllably so. Really digging it as an understable woods driver. Never been happier with my fairway driver setup. Criminally underrated disc.

What are the most overstable gazelles? From any run/time period, not necessarily current.

Last edited:
I would put them in this order, but I'm not the best expert.

1. Current champ
  2. 11x KC PRO (max weight)
  3. Champ glow
  4. 10x taffy (max weights)
  5. Star
  6. Pro
  7. DX

Star is above newer runs of Champ Glow, but it can be masked because the Star has less speed but more glide and distance. That is all I have to add.

Good to know, I haven't thrown any of the new champ glows, I have a star and don't care for it much so that's good to know

Good to know, I haven't thrown any of the new champ glows, I have a star and don't care for it much so that's good to know

This is sad to hear, but at the same time good for me. That means there are more for me if I ever need to buy more. For my style of throwing, Star Gazelles are one of the best discs ever made because it can handle power and remain true to the line, but when powered down, it is still very manageable without a harsh fade. It excels at being thrown 4 to 6 feet off the ground and can finish approximately 330-350 feet without deviating a few feet either way off the intended line. It also holds anhyzers well without flipping over or coming back too hard and has nothing short of perfect precision when a hyzer is needed. The only time I do have issues with it are when I want to snap it hard, keep it low, but try to laser it out to only 240-260. At that point I might as well be throwing my Truth anyway.

Anyone thrown the Gstars? Where are they on the stability spectrum?