• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Lowered Baskets.

Do you like lowered baskets?

• Yes

Votes: 34 39.1%
  • No

Votes: 53 60.9%

• Total voters
Not unless it really works. The pic above doesn't make much sense to be honest. However, there is a course in Germany that has a wooden deck with a sunken basket. That seemed to work well and was original. I prefer hanging or raised baskets on a course, especially like the one pictured.

The only lowered basket I've played (that I can remember off the top of my head, at least) is the lowered basket at the Goat Path. :thmbup:

It was on a sloped hill, and made putting it in without rolling away a real challenge.

I don't want to see these on every course (just like w/ hanging baskets) but they're a nice change of pace when implemented correctly.

it be cool as a novelty, but not on a top notch course. one per region would be more than enough.

plus, if i aced it i dont think i could call it a true ace. id always have to add that the basket was like that.

My putting is novelty enough for a round. Let's keep the baskets at the same height, OK?

Haven't had a chance to post the updated PDGA course specs but the recommendation is that up to 3 targets be installed at non-standard heights and no more than 6 on an 18-hole course.

Around here the land is hilly enough, and enough greens sited on slopes, that it doesn't matter. The baskets aren't too high or too low but our feet are, which comes to about the same thing.

I just played a couple like that at flyboy and hippodrome, I liked them but it would feel gimmicky to hav more than one on a course.

A buddy of mine from Statesboro, ga (about an hour, maybe two? away from augusta) just played up there (Hippodrome) for the Collegiate tourney. After hearing him talk about it, the course sounded like a crazy putt putt variation of disc golf.

Think that pic is FlyBoy,Or at least it looks like it,my first time there i skipped over the basket on a flick,two-putt for the par :(.

Was this one at Hyzernaut's DGC in Germany the inspiration for this new trend?
4ec1055b.jpg

There is a course near here that installed ALL 9 baskets at ground level. What I heard was,the parks dept. didn't read the specs right, and put them in at ground level by mistake. Our club went to help them out and get the baskets re-installed to regulation. I voted no on lowered baskets, but that one in the boardwalk in Germany somewhere looks pretty cool.

The one at flyboy (first pic) was fun but like many have said only one per course please.

Was this one at Hyzernaut's DGC in Germany the inspiration for this new trend?
4ec1055b.jpg

Does that boardwalk go anywhere in particular? ha

No really though, that looks pretty cool. Low putts, instead of ricocheting off and landing relatively close, would slide and/or skip off a good amount further I reckon, continuing the motto and the sticker... no low putts!

Hole 13 at Tyler State Park in PA. When the basket is in the "B" position, it sits in a small gulley. From the fairway all you can see is the number marker on the top. I happen to really like this hole when it's in that spot. It makes it a real possibility to skip a disc into the basket.

57d3190a.jpg

someone at leagues tonight said something about at a tournament or some event they put the basket in a whole so just the chains were showing.

Latest posts