• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] Lucid Metallic more OS?

Lancerswimmer89

Birdie Member
I know many people say that the Innova Metal Flake disc's are a bit more overstable....do we think the same is true for the Lucid Metallic plastic that Dynamic puts out?

The reasoning seems like it would be there...but when I talked to a friend of mine who's thrown dynamic longer, he said it makes no difference either way.

I don't think it does, the flippiest Giant I have is a metal flake one, and I've had Kings with flakes that are not the most OS.

I also have an Fluid metal flake Enforcer that is beef, but that's probably just the plastic/mold.

Yeah I'd look at PLH/wing height of the specific disc rather than generalizing the metal flake like I would with Innova. But the Fluid style plastics I would generalize as being beefy, so I bet that's more the factor with Moose's Enforcer. But those plastics are out of production although you can likely still find some.

I have a Lucid Sparkle Sheriff, but haven't tried a Lucid non-sparkle Sheriff. It wasn't all that much more OS than my Fuzion Sheriff fresh out of the box, so I suspect (pun not intended) it's not going to be significantly different than the non-sparkle Lucid Sheriff.

One of my Opto Pures is a sparkle, and it is not more OS than my non-Sparkle Pure.

I know many people say that the Innova Metal Flake disc's are a bit more overstable....do we think the same is true for the Lucid Metallic plastic that Dynamic puts out?

The reasoning seems like it would be there...but when I talked to a friend of mine who's thrown dynamic longer, he said it makes no difference either way.

I have Metallic Lucid (and Fluid) Wardens. Both are significantly taller (more domey) than their Classic relatives, which makes them a tick more stable.

Same deal with the Drivers (Escape, Convict, Hatchet, Underworld) I've owned, but they also seem to have a (very) slightly higher PLH/Wing height in addition to the increased dome...

I'll add my 2 cents as well - my metal flake discs are sometimes more stable, sometimes less. I wouldn't put too much stock into it

I have a MF Convict that I bought used that is like a longer Spark for me it is so HSS. I can lay into it (with my noodle arm) and I know it isn't going to turn. Vs my regular Lucid convict that out of the box had a nice predictable turn to it.

I think it comes down to most metal flake stuff is made in a gummier plastic that molds up with a higher PLH.

FWIW OptoX Sparkle Rivers are way more OS than Opto. They're actually pretty straight.

Latest posts