• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Luke gets the Innova Calendar Cover

ERicJ

* Ace Member *
Diamond level trusted reviewer
Props to Luke for getting the cover spot on the 2009 Innova calendar and scoring $100 in Innova stuff for doing it.

I wonder what picture he submitted?

ERic

Attachments

• dgcr_luke_calendar.jpg
    dgcr_luke_calendar.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 106
does anyone know when this calendar will be released? the innova website says to check back in november but there's still no news.

Hey, thanks, ERicJ... I'm surprised I didn't notice this thread when you started it a couple weeks ago. Yeah, it was pretty fun to be chosen both for the cover and for the July shot. I went 2-for-2 on my submissions! Oh, and I can't wait to see the final product either... They said they'd mail me a couple copies of the calendar when it's ready, so I'll let you guys know when I receive them (and thus when they're available).

A funny part about all of this is that the cover shot is of my 62-year-old dad, who is sort of a DG rookie. He's probably only played about 15 rounds in his life, and now he's (sort of) a star! :) He's kind of a shy guy, too, so that makes it even crazier that he's the "cover model"...

Oh, and in case you're wondering how I spent my $100 prize, I went for a DISCatcher Mini Basket... I have an 18-month-old who is already imitating my throwing and playing with my "deeks," and I just had to have a tiny basket for him to play with as he grows up. Good times.

Oh, and in case you're wondering how I spent my $100 prize, I went for a DISCatcher Mini Basket... I have an 18-month-old who is already imitating my throwing and playing with my "deeks," and I just had to have a tiny basket for him to play with as he grows up. Good times.
Awesome. :)

that is awesome! what's his favorite disc? FH or BH? that is freaking sweet!!!

A funny part about all of this is that the cover shot is of my 62-year-old dad, who is sort of a DG rookie. He's probably only played about 15 rounds in his life, and now he's (sort of) a star! :) He's kind of a shy guy, too, so that makes it even crazier that he's the "cover model"...

Your dad did made a nice professional-like throw. Nice arm positions and disc's flight. Beautiful!

Nice work and congrats! :D

Hey, thanks, ERicJ... I'm surprised I didn't notice this thread when you started it a couple weeks ago. Yeah, it was pretty fun to be chosen both for the cover and for the July shot. I went 2-for-2 on my submissions! Oh, and I can't wait to see the final product either... They said they'd mail me a couple copies of the calendar when it's ready, so I'll let you guys know when I receive them (and thus when they're available).

Hey bro - I've seen your kid throw. You're right - he imitates your form..... not so sure you should be teaching him :D You know I love your site and a late congrats on the magazine. I think you already told me about it, but kudos just the same!