• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

MA1 for Worlds is FULL!!!

18Down

Par Member
MA1 - Advanced Men for the Worlds in Charlotte is full. I believe I was the last to register.:thmbup: I received a confirmation e-mail at 11:14 pm tonight. I then went back to the sign up an saw this, " 4/6/12 11:15pm EST Note: The ADVANCED Men (MA1) division has filled."

Damn, I guess I'm going to have to settle with MA2. Was gonna make the bump up for the experience, but I guess not anymore. I SHOULD be at the top of MA2 no problem, but we all know how that can be...

EDIT: I just looked, is MA2 even available? I have bad intel if it's not... And I won't be happy!

Last edited:
anybody need a caddie? ha

I already have a caddy. Ha!

I am sure there is someone out there who wouldn't mind having you though. I know it makes my load a lot lighter and I am very appreciative of that. I am hoping it will be a big advantage over the course of worlds with all those rounds in so short a time.

Damn, I guess I'm going to have to settle with MA2. Was gonna make the bump up for the experience, but I guess not anymore. I SHOULD be at the top of MA2 no problem, but we all know how that can be...

EDIT: I just looked, is MA2 even available? I have bad intel if it's not... And I won't be happy!

There is no intermediate at worlds, sorry.

I thought invites had till may 1st to register??!?!?!

I played last year and didnt register until early june!

Normally Invites do have till 1 may to register then it is open to everyone. But once it is full, registration closes and you go on a wait list. This is the first time (i think) that this has happened. I guess it's time to go pro if you want to play!

If it is a "national" or a "world" competition, why do they have anything but open? It seems kind of silly to say I'm the "rec" world champion, doesn't it?

You do realize there are only Junior (16-U) and Advanced Mens (Ams) and Open Mens divisions right? There are no Recreational or Intermediate divisions. Your analogy is like saying that if a little league team wins a world or national championship they're not REALLY a world or national champion because they didn't beat the Yankees.

If you didn't get in MA1 you can always sign up for MPO when the deadline hits. There are plenty of Open spots right now.

Why would they give more invites than spots?? Dumbest thing ever...ive been saving money in paypal b/c I thought I had until may 1st...

Latest posts