• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Mach 2 vs. Black Hole HD

rustystrings

I'm looking to buy baskets for my private home course. I currently have some of the Titans. They are pretty good for the money however I am thinking of stepping up a notch in quality and curious to know whether the Mach 2 is worth the $255 over the Black Hole HD at $179.

The Black Hole HD looks to be pretty good quality from what I've read but the Mach 2 specifically is made for permanent outdoor use. It also comes with a 20 year warranty.

Any thoughts ?

I'm looking to buy baskets for my private home course. I currently have some of the Titans. They are pretty good for the money however I am thinking of stepping up a notch in quality and curious to know whether the Mach 2 is worth the $255 over the Black Hole HD at $179.

The Black Hole HD looks to be pretty good quality from what I've read but the Mach 2 specifically is made for permanent outdoor use. It also comes with a 20 year warranty.

Any thoughts ?
Black Hole HD is the best bang for the buck for private courses. I've used them, along with others since 2016 and continued to buy them as Sugaree expanded into 2020. Nothing else comes close.

Thanks for the advice!

So, they do hold up to the elements just as well or better than the Mach 2?

I've ordered one Black Hole HD to try out.

I second Mando's sentiment. Mach IIs are not better, certainly not $80 better.

He would know the weather resistance better, but I know people with them in their yards and they seem to do fine.

I have HDs on my home course and they've held up pretty well in the NY elements over the 3 or so years I've had them. Only one has a little rust on the chains down by the bottom ring where it wasn't coated very well.