• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Mack's bag

mack.calhoun

Bogey Member
Vitals:

Years playing/experience: 2 months
Right/left-handed/ambidextrous: right-handed
Throwing Style: mostly RHBH
Golf Distance (avg/max) for putter/mid/driver: putter 75-100/mid 125-200/ driver 200-280
Sex: M
Injuries/handicaps?: none
Other sport proficiencies?: lacrosse
Additional Information:
What do you like/dislike about your current bag? i like my midranges, i need slower driver
Specific areas of desired feedback: driver
Immediate and long-term goals: get my driving form better, putt better

Bag: innova deluxe

Putters:
177 Jk pro aviar (good) - main putter
174 DX aviar (poor) - beater

Mids:

180 DX roc (good) - glow rounds
176 gold flying squirrel (good) - hyzer
170 DX skeeter (good) - backup
168 Z buzzz ss (good) - straight drives

Drivers:

169 pro valkyrie (good) - multi use
170 Z nuke (good) - glow rounds
173 champ starfire (good) - overhands

feedback please

you say you need slower drivers, you might wanna look into a xl or stalker (both speed 7) for a good straight flying discs that doesn't have to much stability, or even an xs also speed 7 if you want a little less stable then that. i also think that a teebird could be seen as a essential, its only a 7 speed. the valk is a speed 9 the starfire is a speed 10 and the nuke is a speed 13

If you're looking for slower drivers, I would recommend a lighter weight (<170) Pro Leopard and DX TeeBird. Both of those should allow you to bench all your current drivers for now.

I believe you're confused about your terms. A Flying Squirrel would be an anhyzer disc. Maybe you meant hyzer flip? Squirrels excel at both.

When it comes to putting, your best bet for improving is practice. Especially if you like your current putter.

Here comes my broken record advise for improving form...Pick up a <170 Elite-X Comet. It is a very slow and neutral disc that will expose any form flaws you might have. If you throw it flat in calm winds, and it does anything but fly perfectly straight (will travel beyond 300' with good form), there are flaws in your form. Record yourself throwing (if you have access to a camera) and post it in the Technique and Strategy section of the forum for advice. There are a ton of helpful people here who will have you really pushing your distance beyond where you are now while giving you control as well.

i dont really use my nuke either. i know its to fast for me. also i got that ibex for free as a spectator disc :)