• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Magnet/Clutch issues kinda? Primarily Driving

GripEnemy

*Super Moderator*
Staff member
Premium Member
Couldn't think of an appropriate title and didn't want to make it a "VS" either:|

I putt with Magnets for a few years and eventually switched to Clutches a few months back. They feel damn near identical and appear so visually as well, but I just can't master the Clutches flight. It's weird.

The lack of glide the Clutch has I can deal with but the odd turn or lack thereof is what's killing me. More often than not the Clutch does not turn at all until it starts to slow down - then it fades. Other times it turns turns turns when I feel as though it should in no way be going right (RHBH). They refuse to hyzerflip the way I want them to and simply put I don't trust them.

Magnets however did exactly what I thought they would from the first round I ever played with one. They stall how I think they will on intentional high shots, gradually turn on flat throws, hyzerflip plenty, hold hyzers if thrown that way, the list goes on. I'm only confident with Clutches about 75' and in.

Anyone else battle the two out and have any insight on what I may be missing? I've used anything from Rhynos to APXs for drives/approaches/putts so the stability ratings do not matter - I just don't understand the Clutch for some reason. It's frustrating.

I putt with the clutch but never liked them much over 100 ft. Why not just drop a magnet or driving putter of choice back in the bag?

I guess everybody has a different game. I used Magnets longer than any other putter but hated Pro D plastic. I also did not like how flippy Magnets were. The first time I threw a clutch I had an Ah-Ha moment. Like this is the putter I always wanted. Protege Clutches in max weight are super neutral which is what I want out of my main approach disc. I carry Rhynos to for stable shots but I putt with Clutches and throw them more than I throw the Rhyno. To me a Clutch flies like the Putter version of a Comet. Comet was the disc I learned to play the game with so it is a very familiar flight to me. However, I can see why others might be bothered by it. The disc is neutral not flippy. Just my 2cents.

Latest posts