• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Maine

brian j

Double Eagle Member
i'm staying in bar harbor for a week at the end of july. what course should i hit up? i heard most were private. looking for courses close to bar harbor and also something that is worth a day trip. gonna need a vaca w/in a vaca after spending two weeks with the wife. :D

There isn't a whole lot that far down east. You have DR in Orrington (just south of Bangor) and Hapana in Trenton. Most of the courses are near Augusta. You can reach more if you camp at Troll Valley in Farmington or the Desert of Maine in Freeport or Beaver Brook in Monmouth.

Yes, all courses in Maine are private/pay-to-play. Each course charges $5-10 a day. We've come to accept it and we have quality courses with pro shops to show for it.

If you've only got one day to spend disc golfing I'd recommend Sabattus. They have multiple courses that are incredibly well maintained and manicured, and the plot of land is stunningly beautiful. I did a road trip to the Northeast last month and was very impressed with Maine's courses. Id also recommend if at all possible to stop in Massachusetts on your way home and play Maple Hill. Its far and away the best course I've yet to play, and the staff and locals were very friendly and they also allow onsite camping. Have fun buddy!

i'm in trenton thru the weekend and would love to hook up with any locals for a round at DR and/or hapana. my schedule is pretty open so hit me up.

FYI, if you're traveling to Bar Harbor you might be better off getting off 95 in Augusta and taking Rt 3 eastbound into Acadia. Bonus: Right where you turn off in Augusta is Porcupine Ridge, which is an awesome course in the state.

I played Dragan Field in Auburn a couple weeks ago, and really liked it. Very well maintained and a lot of fun.

The locals did recommend Sabattus, but it was not convenient for me to hit.

PM sent

I'm going to be down that way this weekend. I haven't played Hapana yet, but I would like to.

i'd love to hit up sabattus but it just ain't in the cards. gonna hit up hapana for sure, just hope it's been improved in the last month.

PM sent

I'm going to be down that way this weekend. I haven't played Hapana yet, but I would like to.

great hooking up and throwing some plastic when not chasing after bogey. i managed only on pic today.

thanks again for your help in the search party.

It was my pleasure. Hopefully you can find time in the future to hit more Maine courses.

Nate

It was my pleasure. Hopefully you can find time in the future to hit more Maine courses.

Nate

i went and played dubs at DR on sunday morning. place second and cashed. :) i really liked the Maine dg experience. it's much different than down here in VA.

Latest posts