• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Mako vs Buzz

Mako vs Buzz

• Mako

Votes: 15 30.0%
  • Buzz

Votes: 37 74.0%

• Total voters

nofxorbust

I want to know what people think. I personally throw the mako and love it. Although i have never thrown the buzz i see so many similarities in how they fly. So what do you throw?

I throw the Buzzz. I have thrown the mako and it is a very good disc more so than a Roc but not good enough to make me switch.I've been throwing the Buzz since I started its not getting replaced now.

My mako is much more understable than my buzzz, much more understable than it is rated. They're very different in feel, flight, finish, pretty much everything. My mako reminds me of a beefier XD, in star plastic.

buzzz. And currently the FLX more than my X or Z.
The mako is a nice disc and I liked how it felt in hand at the store, but on the course and in the field it feels like a trash can lid. My mako is 176g, but it feels a ton heavier than my 176g buzzz.

Last edited:
I LOVE my Mako its my go to MID...just picked up a Z Buzzz and havent had a chance to toss it much but its much more overstable than my Star Mako at the same weight

i recently had to throw a borrowed star mako the other day (left discs in car with woman who was 100 miles away, sheesh) , but i throw a cryztal z buzzz... i liked the mako but it was kinda like a faster version of my dart. that said i could throw it very straight but i didn t feel the sharpness of shaped lines that i get from my buzzzs... i could see having one of these in a tourney bag on the off chance i had an extremely long putt i HAD to make because it seemed to grip the chains a little better than my buzzz at a similar distance(75-100 ft), but for my casual play i don't really feel the need to switch up....

i do also second the thoughts of mako vs roc from localsroute... much better feel in the hand and the air IMO...

gotta love the Buzz I have it in 4 different plastics!

I dont own a buzz, and my champion mako should be coming this week. So I guess I don't have an opinion just yet, I guess just ignore this! Love my Rocs though. All my boys that I play with just rave about their buzzes, maybe I should throw one just to know what buzz guys are always going on and on about.

Biz
Team Bert

Buzz. Mako doesn't have a place in my bag, I can cover all of it's shots with a putter. Buzz however can take more power and is faster, so I can get some good distance out of it and hit low ceiling shots better with it than a Mako.

Buzz. Mako doesn't have a place in my bag, I can cover all of it's shots with a putter. Buzz however can take more power and is faster, so I can get some good distance out of it and hit low ceiling shots better with it than a Mako.

Same for me.

i used to love both, but now that i'm throwing Rocs, i dropped the mako out of the bag and only have 1 buzzz in there now. where i used to have 3 buzzzes and 2 makos in the bag

Latest posts