• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Mako?

Mako is a good disc to tell you whether or not you have problems with OAT. It's not designed to flip over until it gets pretty beat in. If you have any form flaw it will show.

I currently carry 1 Z Buzzz, 2 Star Makos (new and very seasoned)
The Buzzz is faster and longer, but the Mako is better for shorter holes, controlled annys, and line shaping

I have a Star mako and champ coyote, and I pretty much ended up taking the mako out of my bag permanently. I threw my coyote better on pretty much every throw. I recently got a hold of a lat 64 gold fuse, and the coyotes days might be numbered, loving latitude 64 discs. Also bought a river and a striker.

It's a good disc. Glides well and goes straight when thrown well. If you have a big arm you can turn it over though. I like it OK, but my new Latitude Fuse has really made the Mako expendable to me. I like the grip on the Fuse better. Some people may like the Mako. It just depends on your personal preference.

the champ makos feel a LOT like a fuse...bit more pop topped.

I liked the fuse, it's a little bit more understable though i'd say.

\/\/

I have thrown a Star Mako a few times. Definitely gonna be adding it to my bag but it would never replace my ROCS.

Definitely gonna get a Star Mako at some point in the near future! Thanks for all the info and critique of the disc people.

How similar are mako and buzzz? Too much overlap

I only threw a Mako a few times but it felt more understable and slower that a buzz. I feel like the Mako is a slightly longer Aviar PnA, in that it's real straight out of the box but I can't give it power like I can a buzz. Honestly the Mako confused me as I couldn't think of a time where I'd use it over using a putter. It seemed almost like a putter labeled a midrange for people that don't know putters aren't just for putting.

So, the general consensus is that: Makos are great for longer approach shots, windy long putts, will hold pretty much any line you put it on, but will also turnover with more power.

I need a midrange that isn't gonna flip on me without me wanting it to do so...I'm not that controlled just yet. So I think I will start giving Discraft some business and get a Buzzz or a Comet.

I exclusively throw Innova and want to branch out a bit...so, any advice on good mid ranges from Discraft?
If you are throwing side arm then go Wasp.

What experiences does everyone have with beat-in Makos? I haven't heard much about how they wear, but the last two times I played, I played one disc with my Mako and it wasn't flying as perfectly as it had right out of the box. Now its fading pretty significantly. I'm not sure if my form just got sloppier, the disc is overly worn, or maybe I'm just overpowering the disc now.

And I agree, a Mako is VERY similar to a putter. If the disc is beat in too hard, it'll stay in my bag, even if just as a long range putter.

I've noticed mine to get a little bit more fade, but not extremely. (175) How heavy is yours?

Latest posts