• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Mamba time!!

These recent F2 halo Mambas do seem to handle power better. The extra 20-30 feet of distance is a nice bonus but I also have to keep asking for my disc back from my playing partners. :D

I snagged some of the F2 Halos and I'm not terribly impressed yet. They seem to stay in the air longer than most discs, but they are pretty finicky with regards to nose angle and wind. I feel like it will earn a space as an uphill distance disc if nothing else. They feel amazing in the hand and the halo colors are gorgeous, well worth the $14. I suppose I shall keep trying to learn it as my shanks were as impressively long as they were bad.

The newest course in my area has a lot of uphill throws. I am using a GStar Mamba a lot. Love this disc, and I never carried it before the newest course opened.

could be wrong but the more wide brushed edge halos seem to be more stable than the stock run f2s, white with the drippy black edge, that i got.

gonna take a few more times in the field but disappointed so far

Picked up a couple star Mambas and tried them out today. Normally throw pro and Gstar wraiths for the not too overstable slot. Had some of the longest throws with one of the mambas, but also had some really unpredictable throws. They are fun but I don't think they are predictable enough to make the bag.

Picked up a couple star Mambas and tried them out today. Normally throw pro and Gstar wraiths for the not too overstable slot. Had some of the longest throws with one of the mambas, but also had some really unpredictable throws. They are fun but I don't think they are predictable enough to make the bag.
I agree with you about the Star Mambas - I have both Star and Champion Mambas and the Champions are not as flippy/more stable and worth a try.

Yes, the star mamba can fly, and the most unpredictable disc in my bag the past 3 1/2 years. I flipped my bag to MVP/Axiom more than a year ago, but still keep a star mamba 148g for open fairways, and 161g for moderate wooded fairways.

The most stable mamba were the star echo I could hit gaps with in the woods and distance, I lost my last one two years ago. If I came across one I would be tempted to pick it up. The halo and gstar more stable than star less distance. Champion and dx faded out on me, and didn't like them.

My 168 stars are quite something, the hyzerflippers dream disc...goes really far with minimum fade but still not an insta roller