• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Man arrested for stealing golf discs

Wow, stealing three discs is a felony? I hope this guy gets charged just so we all have a threatening reference to use against future disc thieves.

I was Actually playing with the victim right before this happened. I had to head to work, so I left him while he was looking for his lost disc. Called me later pretty shook up, but the guy definately got what was coming to him. (A broken nose to go along with the felony)

And yes. Stealing anything over $50 retail is a felony, at least in MO.

Last edited:
I'd like to see if the charges actually stick. If they do: "what you in for?" "stealing discs for disc golf..."

Tough guy in the cell block!

Can somebody cut and paste the full article, I'm not going to sign up to a website I'll never go back to just to read a news article.

Wow, that's messed up that the newspaper started charging for this. I read the article for free when this first got put up. I wonder if they saw how many more hits they were getting and decided they could charge.

Somebody on here claims Prodigy is all they throw in Columbia. College kids must have money these days.

It's the bro factor. I've heard that too about Columbia. Isn't George Smith from there or is that another part of the state? He needs to get them on that DD/Lat64 bangwagon. :hfive:

I was Actually playing with the victim right before this happened. I had to head to work, so I left him while he was looking for his lost disc. Called me later pretty shook up, but the guy definately got what was coming to him. (A broken nose to go along with the felony)

And yes. Stealing anything over $50 retail is a felony, at least in MO.

Can you tell us what he was throwing that the value was $25 per disc? We're all speculating here. :popcorn:

Pretty sure the website takes down all stories for free after the first 12-24 hours, not that odd of a practice. We may be in the middle of Missouri, but I can assure you there is more important news around the paper would want to protect than getting a few extra hits than normal on this story.

The discs stolen were two of the EMac Trespass's and a Champ Firebird. The only places to buy discs in Columbia are PIAS and Dicks, both retail champ plastic $18+. The Trespass's are $20+ online I think, haven't really looked into it.

As far as I have seen a lot of the better guys have a D1/4 bagged, but I would say its far from "all that is thrown."

Last edited:

Latest posts