• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Mando or Mandy?

Mando or Mandy?

• Mando

Votes: 112 90.3%
  • Mandy

Votes: 4 3.2%
  • Manditory

Votes: 8 6.5%

• Total voters
Uh, if it's all feminine and pretty, I'll call it Mandy and buy it chocolates and make google-eyes at it. If it's all hairy and manly, I'm like, "Sup Mando, fist bump <ker-pow!>.

If I brought my pocket calculator to the course that day, I'll say, "I will abide by the rules of the mandatory when calculating the trajectory of my shot."

Edit: Thus, I did not vote in this poll ;)

Last edited:
Ummmm, I am from Nor Cal and not once has it ever been refered to as Mandy. Mando for sure! Don't clump all of us as one, it is only a few that seemed confused.:gross:
Dear Northern Cousin,

Please read posts hella carefully before you fly off the handle.

Mandy seems to be localized in California but not in all of California. I played Santa Maria's monthly and they clearly called it a mando.

Last edited:
All these Frank D posts are making me mean.

Good, good.

mt8i8i.jpg

Whatever it's called, I seem to miss it like half of the time.

Especially on Hole 1 at Eldo :wall:

To be perfectly honest, while I was living and playing in So Cal it was usually referred to as a Mando.

Whoever referenced the herbal scents in california clearly hasn't played disc golf off of their churches course because it really doesn't matter what state you are in, they are organizing their herb more than their discs.

I am beginning to think that most of the world hates California.

I'd hate it too if I didn't live here. Jealousy, y'know? Especially when it's snowing on you unlucky's in the East and we're rocking 70 degree weather.

All three.
Just don't call it "cali" when referring to the "odd-man".
DSCJNKY

Mando is the way I learned it on here, so Mando it is for me. I know that it's technically a mandatory, but... technically I'm James and not Jimb too.

Before a tournament last year,someone went around and painted mando on some trees/signs on trees. On three of them though,they put madno. Can we add that choice to the list?

Before a tournament last year,someone went around and painted mando on some trees/signs on trees. On three of them though,they put madno. Can we add that choice to the list?

Do you get mad when you miss that madno? Mad, no... I get even!

In 15 years disc golfing I have never heard anyone say Mandy.