• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Manufacturers - What's out there besides Innova and Discraft?

BACKhand13

Bogey Member
Okay, I've only been playing for a year. The only manufacturers I know anything about are Innova and Discraft.

Just wondering what else is out there and if anyone would recommend any of their discs?

Gateway- Wizard and Sabre are the best IMO

Lat64- Striker and Core

Discmania- DD and the PD

Millenium- MS and the LF

there are also a few nw companies coming inn that I am not too familiar with.

discwing, latitude 64, vibram, aerobie, millenium, discmania, dga, gateway, mvp, abc, quest, lightning, ching, daredevil, wham-o to name a few. There are more I'm sure!

I only throw Innova and Discraft right now but my opinion is try new stuff and add it if it is better than what you currently throw.

I've been throwing all Discraft and have been looking to branch out. I have an Aviar and Valkrie, and I just bought a Lat 64 Striker today. Can't wait to throw it.

go to discgolfcenter and search discs by seller, there are several makers.
I carry Innova, Discraft, Gateway, Lightning, Quest, and Discwing. I just bought an Aerobie and am looking at Vibram and Lat 64.
Ching is crap IMO

All of Vibrams discs are top notch. They make some real awesome putters.

Lat 64 has awesome plastic too, my favorite being their Opto line. The Stiker, Core, and Fuse are all great discs from them.

Any putter from Gateway is going to be good, try them all to find your favorite.

And don't forget the Power Driver from Discmania and the Orion long fade from Millenium. Both awesome drivers!

There are a good dozen or more manufacturers out there. The best way to learn their names is to browse a big online retailer. Just about everything I'm aware of is named above. Here's what I know (and hear).

Gateway's reputation was built on putters (you've just GOT to try them) but their drivers are gaining popularity as well.

Discmania, if I'm not mistaken, is Innova's European brand. I don't think they've been Stateside for long, but most of what I hear about them is positive.

DGA is best known for making the floppiest putter in the world, the Blowfly, but they have a nice high-end plastic line as well. I hear they make a couple of super-fast drivers.

Quest AT is known for their innovation and entry-level prices.

Latitude 64 is a high-end Swedish brand, and their discs are gorgeous to behold. They will also drain your wallet in a hurry, probably because of the cost of importing them.

Ching's trademark is the little thumb-gripper dents that they put on all their discs. Maybe best known for their JuJu putter.

Lightning makes inexpensive discs, including several floaters. Their discs often show a distinctive marbled pattern.

Vibram is the new kid on the block, but their putters are spreading like wildfire.

None of these has as "full" a variety of discs as Discraft and Innova, but they're all worth investigating.

Last edited:
(edit: I agree with what Lewis wrote above me :hfive:)

The discwing QK I seems like it will be ruined the first time it hits a tree. The QK II is very slick and feels unique, but is not worth checking into blindly.

Dismania has a large following on Disc golf review and are getting more popular quickly.

I 100% agree that Gateway has some superior putters.

Lat 64 is expensive, but they look nice and everyone I know likes theirs.

If you are in your first year you should be focusing on 2-3 discs not a dozen brands.

Last edited:
Gateway- Wizard and Sabre are the best IMO

Lat64- Striker and Core

Discmania- DD and the PD

Millenium- MS and the LF

there are also a few nw companies coming inn that I am not too familiar with.

to add:

DGA - Squall (slightly longer roc-like mid), Rogue (fast medium-stable to overstable driver depending on your skill)

Vibram - Summit, Ridge

Latest posts