• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Many-Year Plateau - Help me break the wall

Mizzoutiger26

Hey all - So like the title says, I've been stuck at a many year (6-7-8???) plateau of RHBH drive distance but have never before posted a form video to try and work out any small kinks. I took a 3-4 year break from the game, came back last season, and lo and behold didn't miss a step but still at the same distance barrier as I was prior. I'm very consistent in the 430-460 range on hyzer-flips/flat lines/hyzer and can flex probably just under 500 with everything I throw for the distance slot. PD's, Teebirds, Destroyers, Wraiths, Quasars, Orcs, Nukes - pretty much doesn't matter what I take off my shelf, I cap out consistently the same with little differentiation.

Please help me break through this barrier!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xuoylBxpnNaL1d8e3WFQVyv0XeKcHjhD/view?usp=sharing

Last edited:
Your backswing is too far behind your rear foot. You would have to drag the door frame several feet to reach the plant.

Your head is tilted over and in the way of your shoulder swinging back underneath chin. Keep your chin up above your shoulders, and head tilted back slightly away from right shoulder during the swing.

Your backswing is too far behind your rear foot. You would have to drag the door frame several feet to reach the plant.

Your head is tilted over and in the way of your shoulder swinging back underneath chin. Keep your chin up above your shoulders, and head tilted back slightly away from right shoulder during the swing.

Wow. I don't know where or why I picked it up but one of my form cues has always been to touch my lead shoulder to my chin on reach back - just sitting in my computer chair changing my head tilt in the manner you suggest / how Clement suggests while doing a reachback feels so much better and less restricted.

Very interesting about the backswing relative to my back foot as well, something I never would have caught on to myself. Door drills it is, thank you for the feedback and videos!

Latest posts