• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

marana rock

Tues Tim

Our group looking to make a run to Tucson and hit a few courses. Rumer has it that Marana is a mud bowl right now. Can any locals confirm this? Love the course but did it last year with the nasty mud and it was a nightmare.

I hear that just Hole 7 is real muddy. I played a tourney there about 2 weeks ago and a few of the regular holes were not playable. The ground was soft and wet, but I came out without major mud issues on the rest of the course. I would check their site for more details. maranadiscgolf.com

One hole is unplayable. Hole 7. There is an additional local hole after 18 to make up for it. The rest of the course is easily playable unless ur shots are waaaay off trak.
Let me know when ur commin. I wanna play :)

I just wanted to contribute that I love that course. I wouldn't mind getting out to Tucson more often to play it. It's just too bad that it's 5 hours away.

Wish i could play with ya russ. Shot 5 down out there today. Since my back has been feelin better i have been tearin it up.
What do u throw for pure distance? I have a beat esp force for no wind/tailwind and can get it about 420ft. I dont like the nuke big rim, any suggestions?

Who ever has played marana rock "recently" on this site i ask you to review it. Around half of the reviews are from when this course was not completed. Am i the only one that thinks this is an amazing course? Distance,elevation,crazy pin placements (lots of roll-away potential on almost every hole),beautiful scenery, also this course forces you to throw different shots, i cant say the same for the rest of the AZ courses.
This beautiful course needs ur help. It almost feels forgotten about down here in little marana. I playEd fountain hills,buffalo ridge, and vista del camino and they dont hold a flame to this course.

Russ/Money - My friends and I will be heading down there tomorrow. Should be there about 10:30 if you would like to meet up.. Would be nice to have a guide.

Russ/Money - My friends and I will be heading down there tomorrow. Should be there about 10:30 if you would like to meet up.. Would be nice to have a guide.

PM me if you have room for one more in your car. I live in Casa Grande (on your way off of I-10) and would love to hitch a ride down. I could offer you a disc for you troubles and would be happy to guide you as I have played over 20 rounds there.

Emoney I recently have been throwing Rampages and a Farting Lemon Katana for pure D, but also throw that 169 Z Force for a little more control in the 4-450 range. I think a nuke would be good for you as it fitts between a Force and Katana for me stability wise and just takes off. My standstill style does throw a little different than a conventional throw but not too much.
When I have the time and energy I will be submitting a review as it is now one of my favorite courses.

Thx gcr russ. Im gonna snatch up an esp nuke and see how she flies.

Ill be in town the 12th-21st of this month and should be able to golf most of those days with the exception of the 12th/21st as that's when we arrive and leave. Also can't throw this Sunday the 15th cause it's my son's and niece's bday party, otherwise I should be able to throw whenever and wherever in the area.

Eminem and I are already gonna throw some and anyone else that can make it would be more than welcome!

I might play on Monday the 16th as I don't have to work that day. I am however playing a tourney in Phoenix on the 14th so my wife might limit the weekend playing to just Saturday. Time to finaggle something. :D

Right on coach. Hit me up if you're gonna throw monday as im not 100% sure but close to it that ill be available.

It's a shame Marana isn't closer to Phoenix. I would love to meet you guys there, but I don't think it will happen.

It's a shame Marana isn't closer to Phoenix. I would love to meet you guys there, but I don't think it will happen.

It definitely is a drive, but you should get down there. It's a great course and you will enjoy it. It was my favorite course I played while in AZ.

Latest posts