• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Marbling agents

Heres a new one i did last night
on a 11x FireBird
it was dull and i wanted to liven it up ..
i didn't leave it in the dye too long cause i wanted to retain its original character
i didnt want it to look ..."home done"
so only let sit for 7 hours ... insted of my normal 10-14
Still looks like a faded dye job ... but still looks almost factory .. and that what i wanted with this one ..

Old
furebirdedit.jpg

Dying
firebird_zps9e321c81.jpg

Finished ..
firebird2_zpsd241888f.jpg

The flash is hiding some of its beauty ..
From it all i learned .. blue takes a lil longer to set ..
still happy with the results ..

Has anyone found any negatives to leaving the disc in the shaving cream bed too long? does such a thing exist? Or does that just strengthen your color?

Has anyone found any negatives to leaving the disc in the shaving cream bed too long? does such a thing exist? Or does that just strengthen your color?

Only makes the color more vibrant from my experience. I haven't experienced any negatives from long sits (20+ hours).

How long can you can you use the sc/dye mixes the the squirt bottles? Can you just add more sc to thicken again?

I have heard about people having their SC drying up to an almost solid state - and having it work fine by adding water.

Can't vouch for it, but I reckon it should be good for later use.

I have 2 11x Kc Aviars sitting in dye right now .. :)
ill post up pics when done later this afternoon ..
Hope i don't ruin them ...

I left a R-Pro Rhyno in a s/c bed dye for almost 48 hours. No negative effect. (R-Pro) still didn't take well, only the blues and yellows and then they were still kinda dullish, like it soaked the dye up.

I have noticed too that iDye marbles much faster than Rit. Star and GL only seem to need about 6-8 hours to get full color. Trying my first Glow Champ marble with both Rit and iDye tonight. Going with 24hr just to be on the safe side.

i read this somewhere but cant find it now. can anyone tell me why i should or shouldnt use the intensifier in my idye packet?
thx in advance!

i read this somewhere but cant find it now. can anyone tell me why i should or shouldnt use the intensifier in my idye packet?
thx in advance!

allot of people see no difference in using it or not ..
but i haven't heard anyone say not to .. Someone correct me if im wrong ..

Ok, so I've heard people say the Rit Dye doesn't work on disc dyes anymore. Then, I hear some people talk about still using it. So, does or doesn't Rit Dye still work? This question applies to the powder and liquid forms.

all of the post-2011 i've tried have not worked in black powder....i think there's a sticky with all this rit info in it somewheres around here....

This thread is devoted to the topic. As mentioned above some of the new ones will not work on discs and need to be avoided. A lot of dyers are switching to iDye Poly but plenty, including myself, still have stocks of good RIT and will continue to use it until it's gone.

I have not used the intensifier with the idye poly, I have great color without it. I haven't heard of anyone who has done side by side comparisons with and without it though.......

Opto Vision, disc was a light pink and sat for just over 20 hours

I'm pretty happy with how this one turned out. I need to work on my patterns with the colors a bit but overall not bad!

Excited to work with more plastic!

thank you this thread and everyone before me who put in the time and effort to make it so someone can pick this up after a couple attempts!

Attachments

• Vision_Serenity.jpg
    Vision_Serenity.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 122