• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Mark Ellis Putting Confidence Program?

Grinder12000

Birdie Member
So I watched this 21 min video and understand the confidence part but.....what IS the program? Seemed more like an infomercial, now I gotta buy into the program?

dude, I respect your enthusiasm but you have got to search. You're making 10 new threads a day about stuff that was just on the front page a week ago. Chainchaser had a thread by the same name very recently

Sorry. At least I know who is in charge of the search police. OR, you could have actually posted the thread in question and then reminded me of the search nicely. I guess the testosterone got in the way.

Just sayin.

And now we know why I got beat up in high school 40 years ago. :) Carry on. I was just so excited but never got the carrot after 21 minutes. My bad.

Sorry. At least I know who is in charge of the search police. OR, you could have actually posted the thread in question and then reminded me of the search nicely. I guess the testosterone got in the way.

because his post was soooo testosterone-y and aggressive

Well the thread BOSS sent me to is pretty useless and does not answer my question at all. Thanks. 34 posts of all the same thing I didn't bother to read the next 40.

A simple answer was all that was needed.

But never mind. Perhaps "the program" is simpler then I expected.

I hate the cops. LOL

Sorry. Search cops are a pet peeve.

Last edited:
Basically you need to go out and buy two new matching putters then only practice with them. Look at each putt like it matters and use the same form/setup you use during a round. Finally only practice putts you can make, that means you don't practice putts at a distance further out than what you can make consistently, if that means you are only 10-15' from the basket thats fine. The confidence comes from making putts.

2 putters, 2 sessions a day, 15 minutes each, dont miss. if you are missing, move closer. That was all in the clinic, there's no 3 easy payments of 59.99

not to be douchey or testosterone-y, but you have started 27 threads in a month. I've started 22 in 4 years.

rocthecourse - that was my question - thanks. I kept thinking I was missing something because.

not to be douchey or testosterone-y, but you have started 27 threads in a month. I've started 22 in 4 years.

sooooo - you are not as curious as I am I guess :) I loath searches - the problem with searches is that in all honesty - everything has already been said - there should be zero new threads and the site and it should should be basically a ghost town because 99% of what is said are just opinions that have already been expressed by someone else.

Telling people to do a search tells others that new ideas are not needed OR wanted because everything has been said already. There is a reason there are 200 poker books on the market that all say the same thing. It's because everyone tells a story slightly different and that one person MIGHT say something that catches in your mind where all others didn't.

I'll stand down and shut up now!

Thread closed! Well, virtually at least!

I think a lot of us want to be heroes and bang those 30 footers all day long. IMO, it's counterproductive to practice long putts for more than a few throws per session. The bulk of our practice putts should be from 20 feet and under. I've seen my putting improve greatly because I put in the time to make 10, 12, 14 footers automatic. This kind of ties in to what Mark Ellis teaches. Make putts. Like he says, it doesn't matter if it's 5 feet. Make those short putts and gain confidence.

Of course you need to at least practice some longer putts, but really pound the short ones. Plus you're closer to the
basket so you can get more reps in. Maybe try it out and see if it helps.

This is how I answered you in your other putter thread. To add to this, I have to ask, how many putters do you have? If you really want to improve your putting, you need at least 5 of the exact same putter. Same weight and everything. This will allow you to really get in plenty of reps, and your putting practice will be that much more efficient.

When you practice your putts, make sure you move around the basket. One good way to mix it up, is to make your 5 putts from the same spot. Then take your 5 putters and go to "stations" around the basket, setting up the putt like you would on the course. That way each putt is fresh, and not just throwing the exact same line. Combining both ways will be effective in helping you gain confidence, and muscle memory.

Telling people to do a search tells others that new ideas are not needed OR wanted because everything has been said already.

It's more because we don't want the forums filled with trivial shizz that was literally mentioned a week ago.

Also, not everything has been discussed as you claimed. New discs are coming out, new courses opened, new players. And I haven't seen a thread dedicated to chicken wing throw technique in ages.

New threads don't keep a forum alive, active threads do. If you don't find what you want from the thread, pose your question in it to make the thread better.

You can keep making a new thread with every new thought you have. Eventually, people will tire of it and stop sharing info with you. Go ahead and call me the police too since my reply isn't what you want to hear.

Here is my log of the complete program. I did it a month or so ago then another member started and just finished also. Great program and really improved my putting. It is not an end all but it really does make a difference.

You don't have to buy anything but it is a discraft guy and of course he will promote it. I use wizards so that is what i used. I really don't think it matters what you use it is just about raising your confidence more than anything else.

Last edited:
More Putters

I am of the firm belief that more putters is better. Preferably all the exactly the same.
Less time walking and more time putting.
When you get in a groove and are hitting several in a row and reinforcing your muscle memory you don't have to stop and go collect putters.
When you realize a glitch in a putt you can keep putting to correct it.
With 10 putters you should be able to make 100 putts in @ 15-16 min. Even faster with 20 putters. It is hard for me to carry/stack more then 20 putters back to the station.;)

Practice makes putts, Don't practice without PropPutt

Here is my log of the complete program. I did it a month or so ago then another member started and just finished also. Great program and really improved my putting. It is not an end all but it really does make a difference.

You don't have to buy anything but it is a discraft guy and of course he will promote it. I use wizards so that is what i used. I really don't think it matters what you use it is just about raising your confidence more than anything else.

What he said. you can follow my post on that thread as well.

All I need is a basket within 20 miles! I know what I'm asking for for Christmas!

In the meantime, something as simple as a broomstick or a piece of tape on a wall in the sweet spot will suffice. Being able to hit those will make the baskets on the course look like the Grand Canyon! :thmbup:

Don't practice without PropPutt

What in the world are you talking about???

In the meantime, something as simple as a broomstick or a piece of tape on a wall in the sweet spot will suffice. Being able to hit those will make the baskets on the course look like the Grand Canyon! :thmbup:

Great advice. I use to hang a blanket on the clothes line and aim for the middle. Then I got a portable basket, lol

What in the worl are you talking about?

Last year I started keeping track of my putting practice sessions. I would keep notes on how many times I hit metal(cage & above,no pole) or made the putt(flushed it) and then figure out my percentages in an effort to track my improvement over time. It was very time consuming so I had a guy write an app to keep track of it for me. At first it was going to be for me and a few friends but I got carried away with it and figure we would publish it. I now have 1000's of putts over different terrains and conditions I can look back at and see what I did to improve over time. It has been a great tool to help improve my putting skills.
Just trying to do my part to help grow the sport.

I honestly believe that the best part of that video is the 15 minute clause (get it, "clause"... "Mark 'Lizard Lawyer' Ellis"... get it? get it? Eh eh? ... Sorry). There are some days where I can go 300+ putts in a row without losing focus. But most days? If I'm still putting after 20 solid minutes (everyone has different breaking points, but its usually right around 15-20) then I'm probably letting my form slip and I'm putting silly, and mixing up what I'm doing. A break to throw drives at around 15-20 minutes is necessary and I may not have realized that without the video.

I definitely took the 15 minute break to heart. The rest of the routine is *TOTALLY* arbitrary. There are a MILLION different routines you can use to build a great putt. But understanding that limit - where you lose focus and form falls by the wayside? Huge. Definitely a useful video.

Last year I started keeping track of my putting practice sessions. I would keep notes on how many times I hit metal(cage & above,no pole) or made the putt(flushed it) and then figure out my percentages in an effort to track my improvement over time. It was very time consuming so I had a guy write an app to keep track of it for me. At first it was going to be for me and a few friends but I got carried away with it and figure we would publish it. I now have 1000's of putts over different terrains and conditions I can look back at and see what I did to improve over time. It has been a great tool to help improve my putting skills.
Just trying to do my part to help grow the sport.

I was happy with the Mark Ellis program, and I didn't keep track of every single shot because I could see the change over time. I was in it for the overall, not to keep track of every single shot. Plus, your app probably isn't on the android market either, lol