• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Marking the Basket

If you or one of friends ace a hole and you want to get the basket involved in the happy moment, well, that's what camera phones are good for. Have the lucky bastard pose with the basket and the disc. You now have a trophy you can upload to the internet and show the whole world.

Now, if you see someone tagging a basket because they aced on it, (or are just being douchebags) well that's another thing that camera phones are good for. Just make sure you have the police or parks department's phone number in your address book. You may also want to follow the vandals back to the parking lot and snap a pic of the vehicle that they leave in and take down the plate number.

Camera phones work on other types of miscreants you'll see on the course as well, but you gotta use them.

lol i hit a 411' downhill ace last week and totally signed the basket
i can see where you're coming from though, especially on holes 250' or shorter

lol i hit a 411' downhill ace last week and totally signed the basket
i can see where you're coming from though, especially on holes 250' or shorter

another douche that grew up with no discipline...one of the main problems with today's brats is they weren't backhanded as children...that's a no-no now-a-days.

I have to admit I was a little surprised by all the hate on this thread. I totally agree when it comes to trashing the course or harming the baskets, but I honestly have no problem with someone initialing a basket after an ace. It make takes up 2 sqaure inches on the yellow top of an innova basket, and adds a little culture to the course IMO. Unless someone wrote in HUGE letters that they aced the hole and made it hard to see the hole from the tee, I see no problem with leaving your initials.

Marking the metal basket is indeed vandalism. But it is not nearly as egregious as marking over the information of the tee sign. Or marking a bench. Or littering. Or any of the other moronic behavior some miscreants display on the course. Unless someone is drawing all over the basket I dont see what the big deal is. Initialing the basket after an ace is a very rare feat for most players and is done in the spirit of pride and accomplishment not of rascalism.

Some of you would actually call the police if you witnessed someone hitting an ace and then initialing the basket?

Marking the metal basket is indeed vandalism. But it is not nearly as egregious as marking over the information of the tee sign. Or marking a bench. Or littering. Or any of the other moronic behavior some miscreants display on the course. Unless someone is drawing all over the basket I dont see what the big deal is. Initialing the basket after an ace is a very rare feat for most players and is done in the spirit of pride and accomplishment not of rascalism.

Some of you would actually call the police if you witnessed someone hitting an ace and then initialing the basket?

would you call the police if they were signing your car? your house?

lord and lady...douchebag

All I have seen you do on this thread is call people names.

Obviously marking a basket on a disc golf course after you ace it is different that writing on someone's car or house.

I bet you are the type of person that gets mad when someone pulls in your driveway to turn around.

Imagine if every baseball player initialed the fence where their home run went over. Imagine if every football player initialed the spot in the endzone where they caught their touchdown. Imagine if every basketball player initialed the spot on the court where they hit the big three pointer. Imagine if every soccer player initialed the spot that they kicked in the big goal.

I suppose there's a reason that these things aren't done. The respective athletic facility would look like an eyesore after awhile. Nonetheless, these sports have all found ways to celebrate individual achievements without making their facilities and equipment look like the side of a railroad box car. Why should our sport be any different?

All I have seen you do on this thread is call people names.

Obviously marking a basket on a disc golf course after you ace it is different that writing on someone's car or house.

I bet you are the type of person that gets mad when someone pulls in your driveway to turn around.

there is no difference!! beat it in your skull..vandalism is vandalism..idiots deserve to be called idiots.

Imagine if every baseball player initialed the fence where their home run went over. Imagine if every football player initialed the spot in the endzone where they caught their touchdown. Imagine if every basketball player initialed the spot on the court where they hit the big three pointer. Imagine if every soccer player initialed the spot that they kicked in the big goal.

I suppose there's a reason that these things aren't done. The respective athletic facility would look like an eyesore after awhile. Nonetheless, these sports have all found ways to celebrate individual achievements without making their facilities and equipment look like the side of a railroad box car. Why should our sport be any different?

Some good points in there. A good parallel would be a player who keeps the ball they hit that game winning homerun/touchdown/goal with, they keep a personal memento so they can celebrate their accomplishment, they don't graffiti it on the field. I think it's a lot of fun to mark aces on your own discs, either to retire them and keep them as mementos, or to throw, and get to see that ace mark every time you pull out that disc.

agree with it adding to history of park but after reading this thread I def understand why people dislike it n why its not a good idea in the long run

But, did you get his point?

its a bit of a stretch because we're talking about a 2 inch high band that you only see about 2 feet of, or the 3 inch wide center pole of a basket vs. large surfaces that are flat and very visible like a b-ball court or baseball fence. it would be closer to players signing the basketball support pole or the baseball foul pole, which would be much less commanding to the eye, but still vandalism.

*note that i am in support of not signing baskets.

Latest posts