• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Marking Your Territory

I wrote my theory inside the paint marker thread since it sorta is a better place to discuss the rules.

I have two found discs right now. The one guy I called, and he was out of town, but was supposed to be back soon. I tried calling today, but got no answer. The other disc I found yesterday, and called and left my number on the machine, but have not gotten a call back yet.

i think i'm going to write STOLEN FROM - and then my name - i remember seeing that on golf balls from certain driving ranges

Well, I have had this idea for a while now. I finally ordered a custom rubber stamp to mark my discs. I made up a logo and had the stamp made. I ordered permanent black and permanent white ink that is supposed to be great for plastics. Here is the logo with the phone number blanked out.

picture.php

I finally ordered a custom rubber stamp to mark my discs. I made up a logo and had the stamp made. I ordered permanent black and permanent white ink that is supposed to be great for plastics.
Cool. I like that idea a lot, please let me/us know how it works for initial application and how the ink holds up over time.

I love the idea of the stamp. I too would like to know how that goes and how well it stays on.

So far the ink seems to be holding up with no wear after 3 rounds. Here is what I got from RubberStamp.net. I got this "works on plastic" waterproof permanent ink in white and black and the custom art 1x2" rubber stamp for $36 including shipping. I have no idea how long it will hold up but it is doing great so far. If you smudge the first time on the disc you have a little time to wipe it off and do it again. But it does dry pretty quick.

picture.php

Here is what it looked like with part of my phone number blacked out.
picture.php

I didn't read the whole thread, so this might be redundant. Innova used to have mini ink stamps of their disc hotstamps, and when you ordered custom stamped discs they sometimes would have this small ink stamp on the underside to tell you what mold the disc was. I have an Ice Bowl '97 Aviar with an underside ink stamp that has been in my bag off and on since 1997. The ink stamp is still clearly visible.

Also, When Gateway started making discs they did not have a machine to stamp the discs, so a lot of the early Sabres had ink stamps on the bottom instead of a hotstamp. I have a couple of thrashed Sabres I have been throwing for nine or ten years, and the ink stamps have held up.

In short, I think Donovan's stamp will probably last longer than the disc will.

Donovan,

How does the ink hold up to nail polish remover, mineral spirits and/or paint thinner? I'm interested in getting a custom stamp, thanks.

Donovan,

How does the ink hold up to nail polish remover, mineral spirits and/or paint thinner? I'm interested in getting a custom stamp, thanks.

Goodness! :eek: I have no idea. I wouldn't even think of putting that kind of stuff near my discs. So, I don't know. I will say someone asked me to prove how good the ink was 2 days after I put it on a disc and I let them rub as hard as they wanted with their fingers. (I held my breath, because I did not want the ink to smear on my good disc that they had in their hands) But it did not smudge at all.

Sorry I have no idea if this helps or not.

OK, I was just trying to see how well it help up against some common solvent removers. I feel like if those can't erase the ink, then it should last a long time. Thanks again.

I have some experience in the printing industry and to my knowledge there isn't an ink available that withstand nail polish remover, mineral spirits and/or paint thinner.

I think this was covered somewhere earlier but I can't find it....will Acetone remove Sharpie Marker writing. My daughter found my sharpie in my bag and, as all curious Kindergarteners do, she drew lovely artwork all over a few of my discs. If it can't come off I guess I will tell people it is a one-of-a-kind dye job.

I resolved an appropriated disc issue a few weeks ago. My Roadrunner fails to fade and ends up right,in the adjacent fairway, right on the edge actually. A guy playing that hole is walking up the fairway. I can see him, so he can see me. He's hand carrying a couple discs, no bag. As he passes the area where my disc landed he stoops down and picks it up. I keep walking towards him. Now my disc is in his hand under two discs, like an ace on the botttom of the deck. When I get up to him, I pull 3 discs out of my bag and fan them out...all carrying my distinctive black dot (its about a 3 inch circle). He looks a little sheepish. Without a word he tosses my disc back towards where he "Found" it. End of discussion.

That dude is a p.o.s.

I always call if there's a number, it just seems the right thing to do. I know there are those who subscribe to the idea that finding a disc and not calling is okay...that the disc wasn't lost...the search was abandonded and the original owner has essentially given up the right to possession. I'm okay with that...what goes around comes around.

Interestingly, I've had a couple experiences of calling and the owner was greatful for the call and then said to go ahead and keep the disc. These discs, a beat Wraith and and a beat and scared Roc have become favorites of mine- nice to throw and kinda sweet because they were gifts.
I've had the same thing happen. Pretty cool. So there's no excuse for not calling.

Latest posts