• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Matrix

I admittedly didn't spend much time with mine, but it's still in the car. I was just surprised, when I gave it enough snap, with how much wiggle it had. I definitely don't see it retaining HSS. That's not to say that it wasn't fun to toss. I just prefer more HSS from my mids.

^Same. I feel like (could just be perception I suppose) that the Eclipse Axis has a bit more backbone than its other counterparts. This is the other reason the idea of running the Matrix in Eclipse has me intrigued.

One shot i really noticed the lack of lss and little flip was a 400' downhill hole where i always can put a vector/ion out on a slight hyzer and have it hold all the way while the matrix would turn up straight and just ride the L/R wind. Thats something about unbeaded putter/mid molds which im not a fan of. They dont seem to hold release angles as well when the wind starts kicking up or across a wide range of power levels.

All this discussion is making me want to try the Tensor again.

I do need to try a one disc round with the Matrix just to give it another shot now that I'm not expecting OS.

But, off topic, for those of you who have thrown them, how does the Tensor compare to the Suspect or Harp?

But, off topic, for those of you who have thrown them, how does the Tensor compare to the Suspect or Harp?

I have not sat in one spot and thrown them at the same basket. I have carried them all from time to time. I would say the Tensor is both faster and more OS than Suspect. Faster but not as OS as Harp. I group my Tensor with my putter speed discs though. I carry other discs like Bard and Verdict for longer mid duties.

I've been throwing my Infinite VIP Matrix for a bit now and while it's not a Verdict or Drone OS mid, it's definitely a solid stable mid. More along the lines of the 2013 mold Prodigy M1, MD3, or Champ Roc3s. Nothing in the "super overstable" world, but a solid straight flier with reliable fade. I threw it in some moderate winds and it held up alright, but certainly not what I'd call "overstable." It's just a great mid with a fantastic feel in the hand and consistent stable flight with a decent fade in the finish. I do really like the disc, but I don't think it will take anything from my MD3s or M1s. Fits right in the same slot. For overstable, I'm still sticking with a MOAB, Hornet, Drone, or Gator. (until the MD4 comes out) :D

Again, GREAT disc, nothing to disparage it, but it sits in a slot with a lot of competition that I'm already more familiar with.

Geez, another whiff on an OS midrange by MVP? What's the problem? Got the ancient Vector and the hated Tensor, that's it. Axiom nada. The wait goes on...

Geez, another whiff on an OS midrange by MVP? What's the problem? Got the ancient Vector and the hated Tensor, that's it. Axiom nada. The wait goes on...
Don't fret Snap-it many rambled about them not being able to make a truly OS or US driver. Well they sure figured those out. It's just the waiting that sucks

I don't have any inside info but from what I've seen they make you wait till you lose all hope and then they lay it on you. Then we will complain that they're too beefy :D

...Unless I come across some truly HSS individual, I think what is said about the Matrix on the Circuit page isn't happening for me. IMO, the Matrix is like a longer seasoned Atom in premium plastic with a bit more fade in the end. Won't say that's a bad thing though:cool:

"Longer atom" might actually be a more accurate description.

And here I was afraid of being way off when I made the same comparison a while ago:D

Is the Tensor really hated?
Granted I moved away from Gyro discs a long time ago but I always liked the Tensor. Even got a pretty sweet 275 foot ace with one in Korea during a tag match. I always thought it was a fun disc.

I like the Matrix but to me and my limited amount of throwing it,it seems like a "jack of all trades, master of none" type disc. I think its a good addition to the line up.

I find the Matrix to be more of a midrange Crave than anything else. My issue with it was it wasn't OS, it wasn't a turnover, and it wasn't proxy-like in that it couldn't be mashed 300 feet on a frozen rope. I use my crave for ~325 foot line shaping through woods, and it also goes up to 375 or so, so there is no slot for the Matrix in my bag. Was using it for FH midrange shots but again I can just use my crave for an almost identical line, and it's more dependable with my forehand