• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Matrix

Not an MVP thrower really. But I stock envies. Stock as have but often not in the bag.

After becoming more aquainted with matrix. I just love the feel of this disc! I'm realizing that despite not having any real pro sponsers (or those who are in the top tier) that MVP is worthy of my money.

So my new goal of the year is to put together and all MVP bag. It will be simple and small. Like no more than four molds.
I have actually thrown very few of their molds, but from what i know if I was putting together a 4 disc mvp bag I'd bag an atom for putt and approach, vector, resistor, and volt. But from everything I hear of the matrix, it might be a better cgo ice than the vecror. Envy could easily be used instead of atom, but I don't like putting with premium plastic. The resistor would be in a mixed company 4 disc bag for me.

So, the Matrix just made my bins today. Meaning it's officially out of the bag.

I already wasn't driving it much, but I double drove it and the Axis on those holes today to verify, and yep, it's no better, and getting less reliable the more it beats in. For me at least.

But I also figured out that it does nothing for me in terms of the FH approach game that a P Envy (which I put back in recently) can't do.

I really came full circle on this disc. I loved it at the Circuit I got it at. But it's now a "business decision" victim.

I think the Matrix has a place just based on feel alone. A lot of players want beadless mids, and lower profiles. There's definitely a lot of overlap with the Axis and Vector though, so if you were already bagging those discs, the switch might be less tempting. And that's where I'm at. The Matrix is a heck of a disc (arguably their best mid), but I've bagged the Axis almost continuously since it was released, and even then I barely throw it due to the hole lengths I play on. Adding another very similar mid I'd never use makes no sense.

I find it to fit just fine with a vector. I havnt thrown the axis so I can't speak to that, but the vector and matrix are different enough that you aren't wasting bag space carrying both. If it was a little more OS than it would overlap with the vector too much. If/when the matrix OS comes out it needs to be much more OS gator like disc.

A domey matrix is very stable. Handles oat twice as good as vector and axis. I can throw it as hard as i want backhand and it wont turn. Its on of the best feeling mids for fh. Also skips forward if thrown on a mild hyzer.

A domey matrix is very stable. Handles oat twice as good as vector and axis. I can throw it as hard as i want backhand and it wont turn. Its on of the best feeling mids for fh. Also skips forward if thrown on a mild hyzer.

I picked up one with a big ole pop top and circuit stamp awhile back, but havnt had a chance to throw it much. The ~10 throws with it, it has about the same stability as my production run flat one.

These are nice. Wish I could find time to tote my all MVP bag. Once these hit plasma their going to be so perfect.

My first circuit stamp proton matrix has finally beat in a little bit. It seems a bit squirrely in that it can be a laser beam on softer throws but will have varying amounts of turn when powered up a little bit. I love the feel as I have small hands but I'm still debating whether or not it should be in the bag.

Currently I'm thinking a vector, axis, and theory will cover everything pretty easily.

I can't even imagine a domey Matrix.. most MVP discs I have are flat. The Matrix I have is flat. Feels really good in the hand. Its been my go to mid since the beginning of the year when it replaced my Buzzz.. I like that it has less glide. Works for me on easy flicks.. if I lost my Matrix I'd need an immediate replacement. Its been the most significant find for me maybe ever.

It seems to me that my Matrix and my older Truth(not Emac) are basically interchangeable. Really hoping for some in the future with more stability.

It seems to me that my Matrix and my older Truth(not Emac) are basically interchangeable. Really hoping for some in the future with more stability.

They are putting out a matrix OS this year. Likely no using the discraft naming style, but they have said it is coming out.

Has anybody had a chance to throw the Matrix in Neutron? Some of the ones I held had big domes, made me wonder about stability differences from the flat protons.

Has anybody had a chance to throw the Matrix in Neutron? Some of the ones I held had big domes, made me wonder about stability differences from the flat protons.
I picked through 6 neutrons. They were all flat. They do seem to have more HSS and LSS than their proton counterparts. My proton (flat) would drift left (LHBH) whereas the neutron holds nice on a flat release and hooks up sooner. If you already like the mold it seems they would be a good compliment to each other.

Latest posts